Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder, a long-standing industry leader in the Puget Sound area, is looking for students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering (geotechnical emphasis) for a paid internship in our Redmond, Washington office during the summer of 2020. In addition to the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most interesting projects in the area, Kleinfelder also offers:
- Competitive Wages,
- Hands-on experience working with industry leaders,
- Certification, training, and professional development assistance,
- Employee referral bonuses,
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the most respected firms in the industry.
The selected candidates will be working with Kleinfelder’s engineers performing field inspection, testing, and engineering operations.
Consideration for this position requires the following certifications or experience
- No experience needed.
- Student currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering (geotechnical emphasis).
- High school diploma.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD, MathCAD, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization and multi-tasking ability.
- A good work ethic, attention to detail, and high level of personal integrity.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
In addition to the above required certifications and experience, hiring preference will be given to those with the following certifications or experience:
- Nuclear density gauge safety, handling, operation, and transporting training
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) or have passed the Fundamental of Engineering (FE) exam.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.