Founded in 1957, Alpine specializes in the planning and implementation of multidiscipline surveys in inland, estuarine, coastal and offshore environments. Company capabilities include geophysical, geotechnical, hydrographic, oceanographic, environmental, and positioning services. Alpine also operates its own research vessels ranging from ocean-going foreign-flagged to trailerable boats.
Alpine is looking for Field Hydrographers with experience conducting field operations for hydrographic survey projects and performing data processing tasks both onboard survey vessels and in the office
- Conduct field operations for hydrographic survey projects and perform data processing tasks both on board survey vessels and in the office.
- Set-up and operate hydrographic survey equipment and survey vessel.
- Install and operate RTK base stations and conduct post-processing using PPK techniques.
- Responsible for installation, calibration and operation of high-resolution multi-beam and single beam systems.
- Acquire direct read sound velocity and/or CTD data and process the resulting information.
- Install tide gauges and process the resulting data.
- Process and interpret final data sets at least to the QA/QC stages.
- Follow safety rules and practices.
- Perform routine inspection, maintenance and minor repair of hydrographic survey tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Marine Science, Cartography, Geomatics, Geosciences, Engineering or related field required.
- ACSM Hydrographer, Category A Hydrographer or PLS certification is a strong plus.
- At least two years of related experience in the field in hydrographic surveying, in both single beam and multi-beam hydrography.
- Experience using hydrographic programs, survey measurements and hydrographic equipment.
- Ability to read and create topographic maps.
- Proven track record of leadership, initiative and self-motivation, the ability to effectively follow best practices with regards to HSE, and attention to detail are all important skills to bring to the position.
- Knowledge AutoCAD or GIS.
- Knowledge of GPS and motion reference positioning equipment, calibration techniques and post processing.
- Good writing skills, including a track record preparing at least preliminary, but preferably, final reports.
- Ability to safely operate a small boat or watercraft.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to remain tactful and professional when managing groups with various opinions and task timelines.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 50%+ travel to projects both within the US and overseas will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Prolonged periods of standing on a vessel and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Working in outdoor weather conditions on a vessel.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Alpine Ocean is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Alpine offers competitive pay and benefits package designed to attract and retain the talent needed to assure continued success. Visit our website: www.alpineocean.com for more information about our company. Please submit your resume to: careers @alpineocean.com
No phone calls and no employment agency submissions, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations