We're looking for…
Designer to design and develop digital assets for Rue La La's boutiques. We're looking for someone with the desire to be a part of something big, the training and foundation to create outstanding work daily, a sophisticated aesthetic sense, and the interest to collaborate and succeed in a dynamic retail fashion environment. You'll be joining a group that prides itself on the excellence of everything they do, that respects and protects the integrity of the world-class brands we feature, and has fun together doing it.
What you'll accomplish…
- Create assets for Boutiques from conceptualization, to design, through final signoff.
- Develop and maintain design standards for all boutique and editorial assets pertaining to botiques
- With guidance from the Art Director, develop excellent designs that showcase world-class fashion brands, to the same level of quality as the brands hold for themselves
- Inspire and mentor junior designers, modeling a collegial, positive working environment for other Rue La La creative team members
- Develop concepts for photography and design to support branded and curated site takeovers
- Stay on top of all trends in design in order to keep the Rue La La creative team inspired and in-the-know.
- Contribute to swipe library and concepts, assist on set as directed by the Art Director
- Work collaboratively on each project with others on the team including Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters, etc.
- Receive and give constructive feedback on each project with positive attitude
- Must be able to shift priorities to meet deadlines based on changing calendars
- Ensure projects are completed on time in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
THE RIGHT FIT:
- Opportunity to grow your strategic skills.
- Opportunity to hone your leadership skills.
- Opportunity to be an integral, contributing part of a tight-knit Creative team.
- Opportunity to work with high-level business partners.
- Opportunity to directly affect the business.
- Design chops – we're looking for someone with a passion for and mastery of design, and the desire to both direct and be hands-on.
- Mastery of typography in both traditional and web-based environments.
- Love for all things fashion related combined with the ability to filter through current trends in fashion and design.
- Experience in the world of fashion, either through agency or branded work
- Fresh thinking and curiosity – the ability to challenge assumptions, think innovatively, and solve complex problems creatively.
- Great, positive attitude – we are a highly collaborative and collegial team.
- Strong self-motivation, accountability, and drive to succeed.
- Excitement and passion to take the Rue La La women's business to the next level.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last minute requests and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience as a designer in an agency or in-house creative group
- Desire to learn new things and keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, social media, retailing and ecommerce.
- Expert-level skills with the entire Adobe CS5 suite (Especially InDesign, Photoshop, and, Bridge)
- A rock-solid portfolio.
- BA in Design or similar concentration with educational training in typography.
- A passion for design and the desire to create great work for a strong brand.
- The foundational training to create refined designs with a focus on layout, image composition, and typography.
- Sophisticated sense of color.
- Fundamental understanding of design best practices.
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe CS5 suite with emphasis on Photoshop (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Bridge).
- Experience creating and optimizing graphics for the web and print pieces.
- Three-plus years of relevant work experience as a junior designer or designer in an agency or in-house creative group.
- Curiosity and the desire to keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, retailing, and e-commerce.
- A strong portfolio of relevant work.
- BA in Graphic Design with educational training in typography.
We can't wait to hear from you, so please submit your resume and online or pdf portfolio for consideration. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM:
A brand is not a brand without its identity. That's where this department – with its consistent design and voice – comes in. Whether it's the line of copy that made you laugh out loud or the thoughtful pairing of design and photography, it's just the beginning with this group.
The marketing creative team drives the Rue Member's journey. We concept, design, and write cohesive campaigns that meet marketing's strategy and objectives.
Rue La La combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 15+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.