Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services bring together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Operating in the nation’s Capital, we stay ahead of what is coming next. Drawing from the power of Accenture, we deliver integrated, mobile and interactive experiences that exceed our people’s expectations. Join us where ideas are freely exchanged, and concepts evolve into practical solutions.
A Data Engineer ready to design and implement distributed, cloud-native data pipelines, storage systems, and query support. You will help support next generation defense and intelligence operations with a focus on enabling machine learning and automation. Your team is eager to work in an Agile development environment and expected to identify and mitigate risks and bottlenecks associated with big data environments.
Here's what you need:
- Architect, design, and implement updates and enhancements to data repositories and indices to support data ingest, enrichment, analysis, visualization, and dissemination
- Perform database engineering and management activities associated with designing, developing, maintaining, and enhancing Big Data analytic systems using an Agile DevSecOps model
- Integrate data from multiple sources in batches and real time
- Review, design, and develop data quality management processes and automated procedures intended to produce high levels of data integrity
- Research and recommend solutions to complex problems
- Oversee code reviews and delivering feedback regarding designs/code
- Perform research and development and provide technical support to identify and integrate new and emerging technologies into the data environment
- Design and implement storage and indexing strategies to provide efficient storage and retrieval to support visualizations such as graph-based and geospatial indices
- Support design and development of data access APIs that allow enterprise access (as appropriate) to data
- Develop or provide input to engineering artifacts associated with the data repositories
Experience with SQL databases, Graph Databases- largest growth – No /SQL- Neo4J currently
Data transformation experience with scripting (Python, Java, Perl, PL/SQL) or platforms such as Spark, or Knime,
Exposure to AWS Data Services
Experience with Architect, design, and implement updates and enhancements to data repositories and indices to support data ingest, enrichment, analysis, visualization, and dissemination
U.S. Citizenship; no Dual Citizens
- Familiarity with no-SQL databases like Neo4j, ElasticSearch, or Cassandra
- Familiarity with SQL query engines, preferably PrestoDB or SparkSQL
- Familiarity with distributed platforms (i.e. HBase, Kafka, Spark, NiFi) and the cloud (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure), preferably Amazon Web Services
- Experience integrating open API based data access and processing
- DOD8570 IAT Level 1 or 2 certified (A+, Security+, etc. certification)
This role requires US Citizenship with no dual Citizenship accepted.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services.
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.