The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining a positive guest experience by preparing clean and comfortable rooms within a given time frame and in accordance with The St Clair Hotel brand standards. This position is critical to ensure quality service to our guests and upholding our The St Clair Hotel Hassle Free Guarantee, while working with members of the hotel team, maintaining room quality as well as safety and security of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using The St. Clair Hotel set expectations and processes, follow directions thoroughly to monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of guest rooms and other areas.
- Ability to remove and replace dirty linens and terry, change and make beds, clean bathroom and vanity areas, vacuum and dust.
- Smiles and greets guests, maintains positive guest relations and appropriately handles guest requests.
- Restock and transport cart with cleaning supplies, linens, terry, amenities to assigned guest rooms and position securely.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces/areas according to OSHA regulations and The St. Clair Hotel requirements.
- Communicate with front desk staff about room information, maintenance cards, lost and found items and any discrepancies between stayovers and checkouts.
- Inspect room fixtures and accessories for proper location, operation and function; reporting to maintenance and front desk any concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions.
- Ability to exert physical effort in operating cleaning equipment and transporting housekeeping carts (up to 50lbs) as well as endure various physical movements throughout the work areas during shift.
- Comply with all The St. Clair Hotel and OSHA standards related to safety and security.
- Provide special services for guests upon request.
- Set heating/cooling equipment on proper setting.
- Performing self-room inspections and accepting feedback from room quality inspections performed by inn management and trained team members.
- Cross train in laundry, maintenance, and/or front desk job functions, if possible.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years in a previous customer service position.
- Some administrative duties required (timekeeping system, rooms’ cleaned reports, etc.).
- Must maintain professional appearance in The St. Clair Hotel provided uniform with consistently friendly attitude towards guests and staff.
- Must be able to easily and frequently change from one task to another and work with minimal supervision.
- Frequent lifting and bending required.
- May be required to work nights, weekend and/or holidays.
Because The St. Clair Hotel may be exterior corridor hotels, the physical environment may require the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Position may come into contact with pets. Employee is required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous chemicals/materials. Regularly scheduled hours may include nights, weekend and holidays. Schedules vary based on business need.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Housekeeping: 2 years (Preferred)