Identify, analyze, and evaluate complex and highly sensitive policies, processes, organizations, and threats related to US national security and policy analysis issues. Leverage advanced analytic and research expertise to help clients make informed and timely decisions. Explore new data sources, create effective queries, and combine information from disparate sources to help the client to comprehend their operational environment. Validate information and apply client methodologies to build assessments and prepare briefings for senior policymakers and the warfighter. Grow expertise, develop new skill sets, and share methodologies with other analysts. Deliver the best support to customers and access resources for mentoring and learning new tools.
- 3+ years of experience with analyzing policies, processes, organizations, procedures, or threats
- Experience with preparing intelligence, policy, or academic reports
- Knowledge of the DoD and IC
- Ability to develop high-quality oral and written deliverables on a range of complex topics tailored to clients who range from tactical to strategic levels
- Ability to manage research and coordinate long-term projects
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree or 5+ years of experience with analysis supporting the IC or US military in lieu of a degree
- Experience with advanced search techniques, information databases, data visualization, and related tools
- Experience with direct client interactions, including supporting project delivery, delivering presentations, leading client meetings, and working independently, creatively, and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to conduct research in a foreign language a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- MA or MS degree in International Affairs, Political Science, Foreign Area Studies, National Security Studies, or a related research field preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.