Director of Children’s Services – Downstate, NY - Master’s & 15 yrs exp
Downstate, NY. Distinguished, multi-site intellectual and developmental disabilities provider in NYS is conducting a national search for a Director of Children’s Services. In this role, you will be responsible for the educational and residential services provided to school age children in the Children’s Residential Program and the Children’s Day Program. You will also provide leadership to an interdisciplinary team delivering effective treatment services to students that optimize their skills and opportunities to grow and flourish as adults.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide thought leadership to drive best practices in treatment and educational services for all students in the program, including those complex students with co-occurring mental health and/or medical issues.
- Work collaboratively and ensure that the treatment team works collaboratively with parents, school districts, payers, Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), NYS Department of Education (SED) and all stakeholders.
- Lead and mentor program management, empowering them to be effective and influential in their respective disciplines.
- Create initiatives, systems, and best practices to recruit, develop, and train a diverse and high-performing workforce.
- Build an organizational culture across all program settings that supports effective advancement of the goals of the Children’s Residential Program and Day Program.
- Act as a diplomatic change agent to introduce treatment interventions and program administrative processes that help students to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Oversee program budgets and position control.
- Create operating systems, processes and administrative workflows that achieve efficiencies and ensure accurate and timely results.
- Serve as a member of the senior management team to help advance the organization’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Work closely with care partners outside of the organization to ensure smooth and accurate communication regarding students, weave their care plans into the students’ overall care plans and work together to optimize each student’s health and well-being.
- Maintain current regulatory expertise and ensure program compliance while promoting a culture that exceeds such standards. Achieves program recognition by voluntary accrediting bodies.
- Continuously evaluate the program, working with all stakeholders to refine program goals and future strategy for the services.
- Leverage the expertise of the agency’s programs as well as partner organizations to maximize the agency’s impact statewide and nationally by participating in grants, professional development opportunities, legislative activities, policy development and research projects.
- Understand Continuous Quality Improvement and Value Based Reimbursement and has the skill set to move Children’s Service toward a value-based delivery system.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in I/DD or Mental Health programs for children.
- Sufficient seniority, including presence and gravitas to lead interdisciplinary teams.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to build and possess a strong network of relationships including thought leaders, academic leaders, and other contacts in the autism and special education community within New York state and nationally.
- Experience working in a high-growth nonprofit organization preferred.
- Professional, proactive attitude and approach; a sense of humor is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing and communicating organizational change.
- A strategic thinker who is able to analyze and problem solve situations of both technical and personal nature.
- Ability to manage a diverse group of individuals across multiple program locations while promoting diversity and inclusion within the organization.
- Significant management experience, including an accessible, direct, transparent, and collaborative working style that motivates and inspires staff and colleagues to work hard and well together, offers a clear sense of direction, and holds self and staff accountable.
- Able to achieve goals and align interests through cooperation and collaboration with other groups and cross-functional teams, even where no direct reporting relationship exists.
- Relevant Master’s degree is required.
- Strong commitment to the agency’s mission, purpose, and values.
Director of Children’s Services, please apply with letter of application and resume.
Job Type: Full-time