Proper Hospitality is an international hospitality company that designs, brands and operates bespoke properties and experiences. Our eponymously-named Proper Hotels are located in emerging urban innovation districts within the most exciting U.S. cities, including San Francisco, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and Austin. Each Proper Hotel is a unique reflection of the vibrant community around it, and shares the same excellence in service, convenience of location, and world-class amenities provided by its local networks of co-conspirators – innovators in food, beverage, technology, art, music, fashion and wellness.
We are made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn’t proper. We are seeking out the “best of the best” from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
What follows is a general overview of some of the qualifications for, and duties associated with, this position, and certain expectations regarding job performance. This is not a comprehensive job description, and it does not identify all essential job functions or duties associated with this position. It is being provided as additional information to help you better understand the position.
- Provide a warm, authentic greeting to all guests according to brand standards
- Display a positive and enthusiastic attitude and be a team-player
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and maintain composure at all times; be solutions oriented, open minded, and always seeking to improve
- Understand and communicate Proper brand standards to guests
- Provide knowledgeable and comprehensive information about the neighborhood and surrounding areas
- Promptly answer, record, and complete all guests’ requests, phone calls, questions, or concerns
- Process arrivals and departures, complete registration paperwork, obtain and post payments, and balance cash banks
- Execute check-in process per brand standards
- Arrange airport and local transportation through established network of vetted vendors and seeking new best practices
- Experience in a similar role in a hospitality environment preferred
- Dependable, detail-oriented and organized
- Able to work under pressure
- HMS knowledge
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Strong ability to assess a situation, show good judgment and resolve conflicts
- Work flexible schedules and willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Collaborate with Colleagues cross-departmentally
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Work cohesively with Colleagues as part of a team
Education: High School degree or equivalent required.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location