Responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities including the recording of journal entries, the reconciliation of general ledger accounts and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports; and assisting in client management and practice development activities. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Review financial records and documentation of expenditures
- Gain understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve accounting related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Interface directly with clients in order to customize reporting to meet their needs
- Reviews accounting documents for accuracy, clarity, and compliance with client company’s policies and procedures, accounting standards and relevant laws and regulations
- Maintain General Ledger for a diverse mix of business entities (cash basis, accrual basis, and GAAP basis) and subsidiary ledger accounts, including posting and preparing opening, adjusting, and closing journal entries
- Preparing and reconciling financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows including accounts such as Cash, Inventory, COGS, Prepaid Expenses, Payroll, Accrued Liabilities, etc.
- Performing bank reconciliations, performing account reconciliations between the general ledger and subsidiary ledger, account reconciliations between the general ledger and financial statements.
- Prepare journal entries on a daily/weekly/monthly basis as needed
- Review reconciliations to ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up on any unusual items.
- Maintaining accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll accounts
- Preparing invoices, and possibly loan packages
- Posting to the accounting software program; maintaining banking relations
- Cash management including preparing wire transfers, sweep account transactions
- Liaise with Tax Department in order to make all year-end adjusting entries
- Assisting the Accounting Manager as needed; working on special projects as management requests
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
Education & Licensing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is preferred
- Advanced degree in Accounting is highly desirable, but not mandatory
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience, preferably in a local public accounting firm
- Superior accounting skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel)
- Maintains the required level of technical knowledge and meets all continuing education requirements
** It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with the firm’s code of ethics, independence rules and quality control practices.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- public accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Preferred)
- Woodstock, GA 30188 (Preferred)