IT Financial Analyst - Ephrata, PA
The IT Financial Analyst is responsible for delivering timely, accurate, relevant, decision-ready financial data in a consistent, comprehendible format which enables teams to quickly assess business opportunities by understanding WSP USA’s IT financial position, under the general direction of the Finance Lead - IT. Specific responsibilities include analyzing overall IT business expenses, partnering with business functions to analyze and report operating costs, performing and tracking valuations for key technology projects and capital expenditures. The Analyst will assist the Lead in ensuring the IT Towers are serviced with respect to IT financial management, and ensuring that the IT accounts are maintained in the proper manner. The Financial Analyst - IT will prepare reports, including control over cash flow, income, expenses, assets and liabilities and monthly status reports, budgets and forecasts. The position is in our Shared Services Center, in Lancaster PA and principal duties are as follows:
- Assist in evaluating IT policies and procedures to identify areas for improvement
- Work with senior IT and Finance leadership to provide on-going IT financial analysis
Leadership and People
- Provide IT financial guidance and preparatory support to the business and IT leadership team
- Provide IT financial advice to the business in the development of business plans and investment decisions
- Preparation and analysis of weekly claims reports - pulling data from Oracle, summarizing and reporting
- G/L code and process AP - IT invoices with associated allocation keys- works in Epicor and Oracle
- Monthly headcount reporting
- Preparation of month-end general ledger accruals
- Review of ZBIT charges and preparation of recharge allocations to business
- Assemble, prepare and analyze monthly IT KPI’s and creation of presentation
- Preparation of monthly cost center financial packages including account level, vendor level, and labor level breakdowns
- Identify and research monthly account variances
- Set-up/Open/Monitor/Close of all IT Projects
- Prepare and disseminate all IT related allocation keys - Microsoft, Autodesk, Bentley, etc.
- Coordinate Non-US Region approvals of CADD allocations (for example Primavera)
- Other financial analysis
- Reconciliation of US IT expenses vs Corporate reporting
- Monthly Hyperion reporting analysis
- Monthly Vendor Spend reporting
- Business quarterly reporting of USIT costs
- Assistance with budget and forecast
- Assistance with capital expense/amortization review and investigation
- Special financial analysis as requested by IT Managers including Return on Investment, Net Present Value, etc.
At least three years’ experience working in a large IT environment with responsibilities that included building detailed, executable financial plans and interacting with senior management.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Management, Accounting, and/or Finance or other related field, Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Accounting or Finance or another related field preferred.
Understanding of financial management principles and accounting practices.
Experience in the Information Technology environment.
Strong experience with Excel and Access skills.
Broad understanding of fixed asset accounting treatments and impacts.
Working knowledge of basic terms and obligations in IT contracts.
Ability to collect and organize large datasets in MS Excel and Access.
Ability to quickly and dynamically structure complex queries to accurately isolate and retrieve specific information.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation