VMware is looking for Software quality engineers who are passionate about changing the future networking with the NSX Network Virtualization system & scale test team. The ideal candidate has a wide variety of software experience in the areas of distributed systems testing, networking, object oriented programming, virtualization software, and building/automating clouds.
You will be expected to become an expert on the next generation NSX product. In the system & scale test team we consider ourselves to be the first customer. This means that we anticipate problems customers will experience before they experience them, and we do this through writing comprehensive end to end test cases. We utilize complex automation to build the test environments and execute the test cases. In addition to testing end to end functionality we also have the opportunity to think creatively, and shape the productâ€™s features and behavior to create a better user experience for the customer.
As a engineer in scale test you will be responsible for owning the end to end testing of one or more major subsystems in the next generation NSX network virtualization product. Youâ€™ll be expected to coordinate not only within the system & scale test team, but across the development organization to ensure a feature is tested from the functional, scale, system, and performance perspectives. You will be given broad problem sets, and trusted to implement well-engineered solutions.
- Write high quality test code to execute complex tests on a distributed system
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Be a strong advocate of software quality
- Work across teams with SEs, PM, and across the Dev and QE organizations
- Create test plans for entire releases
- Coordinate activities of junior and senior engineers
- Implement code to streamline automation, and reduce cycle times
- Track test deliverables to product release schedule
- At least 5+ years of experience in software development and QE
- 1+ Years Virtualization experience - Installation/Configuration/Administration (ESX and KVM a plus)
- Operating Systems: Deep Linux knowledge - Installation/Configuration/Administration (RHEL and Ubuntu a plus), Windows Server, Windows 7
- Strong understanding of L2 and L3 networks, VLANs
- Networking troubleshooting / debugging - e.g. tcpdump, wireshark, traceroute, route, netstat
- Network protocols: TCP, UDP, ARP, DHCP, ICMP, IPv4/IPv6
- 2+ years of Python or equivalent OO programming language experience.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or higher) and equivalent work experience