Bookkeeper Job Description
We are currently seeking an on-site Bookkeeper in Houston, Texas.
*Prepare monthly financial package and submit timely to the Finance Director or Accounting Manager for review and approval in order to finalize reporting within deadlines.
*Assist with Budgets and Forecasts as needed.
*Assist with the calculation of fees (i.e. Management and Incentive) as needed.
*Ensure compliance with both Jones Lang LaSalle Internal Audit and Client Accounting Services SSAE16 internal review standards.
* Make collections calls
* Charge late fees
* Enter billing adjustments
* CAM Reconciliations
* Perform tenant ledger reconciliations
* Review leases and leasing activity on permanent leases and ensure accurate billing
* Review and/or calculate additional charges as applicable
* Code invoices
* Support monthly variance reporting
* Ensure proper audit trail and supporting documentation
* Prepare monthly reporting package for Manager review and edit
* Timely and accurate delivery of standard and ad hoc reports
* Coordinate with HR/Payroll Dept. in reporting weekly, vacation and sick hours
* Review and maintain department employee assignments and time allocations
* Assist the property accountant as needed
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred)
* Minimum of five years of relevant accounting work experience required. Experience in commercial real estate preferred.
* Microsoft office product knowledge; Excel, Word, and Power Point
* Yardi real estate accounting software, preferred
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills required.
* Strong communication skills (oral and written) required.
* Demonstrates consistency in values, principles and work ethic.
* Planning and Organizing Establish course of action to accomplish goals and evaluates results, develops schedules and task/people assignments, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently
* Customer Focus Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal customer, acts with customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect
* Dealing with Ambiguity Can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
* Learning on the Fly Learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
* Drive for Results Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, bottom line oriented, pushes self and other for results
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf .