Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Food & Nutrition Aide
Shift: 3:30pm-8pm, weekends, holidays and 1 weekday
Hours: 15 hour per week
Prepares, portions, transports, and serves food and beverages as assigned and follows standardized recipes, menus and production sheets as necessary.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs various unskilled and semi-skilled food and nutrition tasks as assigned
- Uses various equipment while performing assigned tasks. Operates equipment in safe manner and cleans all equipment according to established guidelines
- Works on the Cash register and follows all cash handling guidelines
- Sets up patient tray assembly stations, reads menus, and accurately assembles trays so patients’ meal selection and diet prescriptions are followed
- Enter patient meal preference by using bedside menu entry system. Menu preference information entered using a hand held IPAD.
- Deliver truck to unit. Deliver meal trays to the patient's bedside.
- Retrieves soiled trays from the patient bedside and return food truck to the kitchen.
- Remain available to patients at meal times in order to ensure patient satisfaction by making sure patients receive correct order.
- Maintain a safe, clean and functional work environment. Maintain a professional appearance and speak in a courteous manner using good guest relations’ skills.
- Washes and prepares service ware and pots according to sanitary standards and insures that only clean and well maintained service ware is used for food handling and patient meal service
- Maintains compliance with OHSM/HACCP standards
- Follows standard practices for storing, issuing, covering, labeling and dating of foods
- Properly disposes of waste and garbage
- Prepares, portions, labels, and serves special nourishments and supplemental feedings to patients.
- Rotates stock in storage areas in kitchen and in unit panty’s
- Sweeps and mop floors, and washes equipment using proper agents and supplies. Does general cleaning of all areas in food service.
- Sets up cafeteria stations, serves food to all customers, replenishes food and supplies, and keeps station clean at all times
- Receives and signs for food and supplies issued. Transports supplies to and from kitchen and other areas throughout hospital when necessary
- Sets up and serves special catering functions as assigned
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management
- It is expected that all employees will function as members of a team dedicated to providing the highest quality patient care and service to our patients by assisting in such functions as a maintaining a safe, clean and functional environment.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Food Service experience preferred
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
Microsoft Office - Beginner
General Skills and Competencies:
- Read, Write, Speak and understand English; follow verbal and written instructions.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.60 per hour
- Are you able to work 3:30pm-8pm any day, including weekends and holidays?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location