DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other leading companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP), third-party logistics (3PL) provider and supply chain consultant, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service to customers and facilitating growth and change.
At DSC, we think of ourselves as an extension of our Customers companies, of their brands. And, we know that everything depends on our execution. High-performing operations are the foundation of our business and partnerships, establishing our credibility.
Our promise to customers and employees is to uphold high standards of integrity, responsibility and accountability, based on open communication, collaboration and trust. As a values-based organization with roots as a family-founded company, DSC has always been committed to creating a culture of accountability and high ethical standards.
The is for the weekend shift. Must be willing to work Thursday and Friday 7am to 3pm and Saturday and Sunday 5am to 5pm.
The Team Leader is responsible for directing and engaging operations employees in DSCs Logistics Center to achieve productivity goals. The Team Leader will manage a shift and will spend most of the time coaching and leading the operations team to efficiently and safely achieve production and quality goals. The role will collaborate with various DSC teams on implementing continuous improvement initiatives and leading practices.
Engage the Workforce
- Interact with and motivate the workforce
- Conduct daily shift meetings
- Solve problems and address issues for employees
- Regularly communicate team goals and results
Deliver Operational Performance (including Productivity and Efficiency Targets)
- Understand and communicate shift, Customer and Logistics Center goals
- Execute the daily work plan including goals and workflow management
- Implement DSCs Labor Management Program (performance observations)
- Provide front line feedback on staffing needs to Supply Chain Leader and Operations Leader
Manage Employee Performance (including Safety, Quality and Productivity)
- Provide coaching through observations and provide performance feedback
- Track and communicate Operations Specialist performance
- Conduct safety observations and participate in Safety Committee
- Monitor and manage employee time, attendance and payroll
Ensure Implementation of Leading Practices
- Job shadow Operations Specialists
- Identify training and cross-training needs
- Conduct on-the-job training with Operations Specialists
- Perform process quality checks and program management
Connect employees to customer business objectives
- Communicate customer specific requirements
- Review Logistics Center performance against Customer requirements
- Help the Operations Specialists to feel more connected to the larger customer goals
Bachelors degree 1-3 years of direct supervisory experience Skills in leadership, organization, communication and cross functional teamwork Emphasis on safety is extremely important
- Understanding of warehousing operations with experience in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment Familiarity with MHE Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word Familiarity with warehouse management systems or Red Prairie WMS is a plus
Ability shift priorities easily, and multi-task in a highly transactional environment Excellent problem solving skills Ability to engage with the workforce and create a positive environment and culture
DSC Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. It is DSCs policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.