Are you always trying to find a better way to do things? Do you enjoy working with and learning from others? Do you build, test, and experiment with hardware and software on your own time? We want to meet you.
Sealing Technologies, is looking for an intern to help in our Research & Development department. You'll be mentored and followed by a great team of Engineers that assist and review your work, teaching you new ways to create. We'll help you grow as a professional as well as an engineer with practice presenting and conveying your ideas and work to others as well as interviewing and resume review. This is a paid internship.
The ideal candidate has knowledge and interest in computer server hardware, architecture, and design. This position allows you to test cutting edge hardware in order to build solutions that meet current and future customer requirements.
Example Tasks Include: :
- Discover the best hardware to use through research and analysis
- Assist in creating custom hardware design drawings documenting as-built configurations
- Assist with preparing installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Analyze hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include servers, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors
- Market research on next generation of CPU architectures, network interface cards, storage devices, etc.
- Assist in creation of research project plans to include bill of materials, budget, expected outcome, and execute the project once approved.
- Analyze customer feedback and requirements regarding hardware in order to consistently innovate our solutions.
- Working toward a BS in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- US Citizen
- Familiarity with Linux Administration
- Familiarity with network terminology; TCP/IP, Network Interface Cards, etc
- Familiarity microprocessors/microcontrollers, embedded systems, hardware design, firmware, sensors, electro-mechanical systems
- Familiarity with engineering drawing practices
- Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo, or similar solid modeling CAD software
- Familiarity in embedded hardware design for PCB (Printed Circuit Board) layout.
- Security Clearance
SealingTech offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules and generous vacation policies. Perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, and company retreats and gatherings. We're looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, and be willing to grow with us.
Sealing Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
As a federal contractor, we provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Human Resources Department by email at hr @ sealingtech.org or by mail at 7134 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 160, Columbia, MD 21046. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made by the Human Resources Manager and will be made on a case-by-case basis.