- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Direct management experience for a salaried employee population and its performance
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques(how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
The Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound operations, outbound operations or a functional process responsibility within the fulfillment center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
- Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and 100-300 hourly associates in outbound or inbound operations within the Fulfillment Center.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the shift.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
- Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Additional Job Elements:
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
- Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age