- The Digital Communications Specialist will play a crucial role in the Communications Department’s development and implementation of communications and marketing strategies, including public relations, brand management, event publicity, community engagement efforts, and digital/social media campaigns. This position will assist in the integration of the communications needs of the Institute’s various initiatives, including its four core programs: the Speaker Series, Fellows Program, Civic Engagement Program, and Career Development Program. The position requires a knowledge of and passion for communications and marketing, complemented by a robust interest in politics (local, national and international), and an ability to build relationships across diverse constituencies and communities. This position reports to the Institute’s Communications Director.
- Works with the Communications Director and other Institute leadership in the development and execution of an organization-wide communications and marketing plan
- Plays key role in content, design and management of Institute website
- Handles organization of Institute contact database and produces twice-weekly Institute email newsletters, among other audience outreach
- Supports the development and production of marketing and communications materials for various initiatives
- Assists in social media outreach and on larger projects such as website features and board presentations
- Assists in media relations and Speaker Series event coverage and staffing
- Assists in strategic engagement with students, alumni, partners and community members
- Assists in IOP data gathering project, including data management and analysis
- Assists in building new IOP alumni network, including lead role in alumni engagement
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines is required
- Knowledge of communications best practices including website development, social media, data maintenance, and email marketing
- Excellent communications skills required for the effective delivery of the Institute's vision, mission and brand
- Knowledge of web and other digital applications is required
- Experience in production of marketing and communication materials; website coding and graphic design experience preferred
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as social media and CMS/CRM tools
- Ability to meet tight external and internal deadlines
- Entrepreneurial, creative thinking about how to improve the Institute’s communications and outreach efforts
- Knowledge of and passion for politics and igniting in young people a similar passion
- Proven ability to be a valuable part of a team
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- B achelor's degree required, preferably in journalism, public relations, marketing, English or related field
- 2-5 years experience required
- Experience in Communications or related field preferred
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before