Full time and part time positions available; 2pm-10pm shift needed
The Direct Care Professional is an employee whose primary responsibilities are to care for residents, follow through on individualized program plans, provide care, assistance, training and supervision for residents and complete designated domestic responsibilities while maintaining a loving and orderly atmosphere.
- Support the philosophy of service indicated in the Sierra Salem Christian Homes Policy Manual, Mission and Vision Statements.
- Follow through, as requested by the Facility Manager, in areas of program planning, individualized training plan, record keeping, household activities and routines.
- Provide care, assistance, training and supervision for residents in areas of personal, interpersonal, household and community living skills.
- Involve residents in decision making and guide each resident toward independence in initiating daily life activities that will foster his or her mental, emotional, physical and spiritual growth.
- Structures leisure time including the facilitation of activities and outings
- Provide necessary assistance for health care, transportation, or other resident needs.
- Completes assigned duties according to established procedures including housecleaning, meal preparation and laundry.
- Communicate, as needed, with appropriate support staff regarding urgent client, program or operation needs.
- Participates in inter-employee communication by reading and contributing to staff logs.
- Promptly reports all maintenance needs for the home and vehicle.
- Attend seminars and in-service training, as required.
- Will be a leader and positive role model among staff, families, and the community.
- Assist with new staff orientations including working with staff, answering questions and being helpful as needed.
- Comply with regulations and requirements of all the regulating agencies.
- Be available for overnight stay, as required.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by Facility Manager.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old;
- hold a valid California Drivers License and have a driving record with no major violations; and
- be pass a Criminal Records History by the California Department of Justice after being finger printed.
- Must possess good verbal, reading, and written communication in English; basic math skills; and basic computer skills.
- Have a minimum preferably of at least two full-time years of higher education in or related to the fields of Special Education, Behavioral Sciences, Human Services, or Health Sciences; and
- have a working knowledge of community resources and service agencies, individualized program plan implementation and normalization principles; and
- have successfully completed or successfully complete with in 2 years from the date of hire the California Direct Support Professional Training Year One and Two.
- Have a minimum preferably of two years experience in working with people with developmental disabilities.
Physical / Mental:
Close vision, hearing/listening; clear simple speech; smelling; walking; sitting; running; reaching; touching (hand finger dexterity); carrying (40 lbs.); pushing; kneeling; stooping; bending; squatting; flexibility (upper/lower body); reading and writing simple English; perception/comprehensive judgment; decision making; analyzing; memorization.
Sierra Salem Christian Homes, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Required)
- exposure to individuals with developmental disabilities: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)