Exciting opportunity to join a high-performance HR team the Senior HR Consultant role will provide a broad range of HR services including; managing employee relations, performance management, leadership and career coaching, talent management, change management, policy development, workforce planning & team building. Strong focus will be on complex employee relations, root cause / trend analysis and solutions, and HR consulting and coaching to management and leaders at all levels.
- Responsible for providing advice and counsel to managers, employees, HRBPs and HR leaders regarding HR policies and best practices.
- Serve as the SME for the business and HR team on a broad range of employee relations issues including; performance management, investigations, terminations, harassment, discrimination, employee/customer complaints, labor relations, and other policy related issues.
- Conduct high profile investigations and provide accurate and timely response to concerns as well as expedient solutions to problems. Use internal resources (HR, Legal, Compliance, Global security, etc.) and consulting with management on appropriate outcomes. Provide recommendations based on findings and prepare though documentation.
- Analyze ER trends and help plan / develop new HR projects to support the business needs.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are executed consistently within the business unit and that appropriate legal and compliance processes are followed.
- Identify appropriate/effective resolutions to minimize legal exposure.
- Identify opportunities for the business to improve their people management skills (thru training, development, coaching, processes improvement, etc.)
- Follow & improve standardized procedures for investigations to ensure legal compliance as well as fair and efficient resolution of all Employee Relations matters.
- Minimum of 8-10+ years of HR/Employee Relations
- Ability to respond rapidly and independently to requests, develop and implement creative solutions, and follow through to ensure resolution.
- Ability to listen effectively, to select and use appropriate communication methods and to effectively present ideas and information.
- Collaborative and customer-focused with ability to develop strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.