Michigan Milk Producers Association, a leader in Michigan’s dairy industry, is seeking a Network Security Analyst to join our team in Novi, Mi. Milk Producers Association is the 10th largest dairy cooperative in the United States with approximately 2,000 dairy farmer members in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Education and Work Experience:
- Monitor and log security concerns and incidents, and generate reports and track performance
- Maintain physical and virtual environment to protect servers, switches, and entire information technology system while balancing overall load
- Maintain firewall, virtual private network, web, and email security programs, protocols, and security
- Document current network environment including device mapping, VLAN attributes, and security protocol implementations and maintain future documentation throughout infrastructure changes
- Handling and troubleshooting issues with NAT
- Configure access lists
- Troubleshooting DNS/DHCP issues within the network
- Involved in troubleshooting network traffic and its diagnosis using toolsets such as Wireshark, SolarWinds, and TCP dump
- IP subnetting and various designing and allocating classes of IP address to the domain
- Configure and deploy QOS and defined class of service (COS) WRED and WFQ for bandwidth management
- Design and deploy various network security & high availability security products
Bachelor's degree required work experience of seven or more years in computer hardware, software installation, networking experience, or computer maintenance. Preferred Certifications Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Functional Competencies needed:
Personal Skills/Attributes needed:
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Cisco VPN, Fortigate FW technology, Fortigate VPN, Cisco Catalyst, PIX Firewall
- Programming/Scripting: Bash Scripting, Python, C++
- Expertise in Data Center Core layer, Access layer, Aggregation layer, Services layer
- Sound knowledge of routing and switching concepts and MPLS design
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, v4, MPLS
- Extensive experience in configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting Cisco’s ASA/Pix security appliance, failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NAT with the firewalls
- Cisco Routers (1600,1700,2600,2800, 2900, 3600, 3800, 7200 and 7600)
- Cisco L2& L3 Switches (1900,2900, 3560, 3750, 4500, 4900, 6500)
- LAN Technologies (Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet, SMTP, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing, VTP, STP, RSTP, Light weight access point, WLC.)
- Network Security (Cisco ASA, ACL, IPSEC)
- OS products/services (DNS, DHCP, Windows (2008r2/2012r2)
- Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, ISIS, VRF, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, and Static Routing)
- Gateway load balancing (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, EBGP)
- Various features/services (IOS and Features, IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, TFTP and FTP)
- Network management tools (Wireshark, Netflow Analyzer, Cisco Works, Ethereal, SNMP, HP open view, SolarWinds)
- Security server protocols (TACACS+, RADIUS.)
- Load balancers (Cisco CSM, F5 Networks (BIG-IP) LTM 8900, BIG-IP GTM 6800, Cisco ACE 4710.)
- Operating systems Windows (Server 2008r2, 2012r2, Windows 7/10), IOS.
- Firewall & Security (Cisco ASA, Fortigate).
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to learn about the dairy industry
- Aptitude for gaining knowledge
- Ability to foster knowledge exchange within and with other departments
- Collaborative communication approach
- Utilize sound judgment
- Committed to achieve our mission
- Individual with open and new ideas
- Drive change with a positive attitude
- Shows value for different opinions, shows flexibility to different opinions.
- Shows interest to learn and share from others.
- Learns and interacts positively within the environment
- Willing to take action in a changing environment
- Shows passion for growth and development within a team
MMPA is one of the top dairy cooperatives in the nation with a strong financial record. Our owners are 2000+ dairy farmers located in the states of Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin. MMPA markets its members’ milk, guaranteeing a market every day for all member-produced milk.
Company provided pension
Outstanding insurance benefits - Health/Vision/Dental
Protection for the future - Life and Disability insurance
Paid vacation time and sick time
401(k) plan with a generous company contribution
Together with our members and employees our association is positioned and planning for growth. Our benefits are attractive, and our future is bright.
Successful passage of drug test, background check, and criminal record check required.