The Program Manager/Senior Advisor within MISO’s Market Development & Strategy division focuses on key areas of need for the future of the grid. This individual will maintain a holistic view and facilitate development and execution of coordinated strategy of multiple work streams across diverse divisions within MISO. Will develop and maintain clear line of sight to budget, resource planning and schedules for projects that may be led by multiple functions (example: IT, market operations, system planning, market development) to maximize synergies, understand sequencing needs and enable simple communication of status for short-term and long-term perspectives. Develop and manage program risk management and internal/external stakeholder engagement plans.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams, coordinate activities across disparate groups, manage ambiguity, prioritize, and multi-task will be essential.
- Clear collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical groups, strong attention to details, superior organization skills, and successful experience developing and implementing functional processes are necessary.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Manage the development of project scope, works deliverables, budgets, resource planning and schedules for identified initiatives
- Understand project risks and manage risks and issues throughout the project or program lifecycle.
- Manage multiple projects to meet agreed quality, time and cost objectives.
- Manage the budget and provide/review accurate and timely reporting on all projects.
- Lead and communicate multi-discipline project activities across all domains
- Provide strategic advice on the development, approach and delivery of new market products, processes and/or systems
- Develop plans for internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Business or related field, required
- MBA with strategy emphasis, highly preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of industry experience with renewable energy, distributed energy resources and/or advance grid technologies, required
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant work experience, required
- Project or program management experience, required
- Product development strategy experience or a prior role in a consumer insights team, preferred
- Agile and/or PMP certification, preferred
- JIRA and Confluence proficiency, preferred
- Ability to understand complex issues of a technical and/or financial nature.
- Project Management, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Demonstrates ability and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Possess foundational understanding of IT concepts and principles