The General Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the restaurant. He/she ensures that all department goals are met and kept in alignment with the restaurants needs and supports the owners and partners by completing projects as directed. Leads the restaurant’s Risk Management Team.
- Responsible for the restaurants financial performance in accordance with all established guidelines and budgets.
- Leads the restaurant’s risk management team in proactively addressing liability, risk, and compliance opportunities.
- Responsible for completing Performance Reviews and making recommendations for the promotion, hiring, and advancement of all salaried unit personnel.
- Responsible for reviewing all performance reviews and recommendations made by department heads.
- Responsible for overseeing and executing the training, managing, and developing all team members and scheduling. Point person in all disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for overseeing that the scheduling of all personnel meets the restaurants needs and is in alignment with the Unit’s forecasted labor and predetermined budget and ensures that each departments labor cost is maintained daily.
- Responsible for the restaurant adhering to all corporate guidelines to maintain operations, food quality and patron satisfaction.
- Responsible for producing financial and operational reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Responsible for supervising inventory, estimating food and beverage cost, and monitoring purchasing and receiving.
- Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arranges for repairs, contracts, and other services.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
- Inspects dining areas, food receiving, and preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for leading a team that can execute great food and service consistently, must help customers and take custom orders
- Must wear approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or non-slip shoes at all times while working
- Strong background in Restaurants and Hospitality.
- Strong familiarity with OSHA and all local Department of Health Regulations.
- College Degree or 3 years related experience preferred. Required Skills/Abilities:
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate English.
- PC literate with a working knowledge of MS Office preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and finance.
- Must be able to create and maintain a strong team atmosphere with in the department and ensure that employees are appropriately trained and have an adequate work load.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Schedule may fluctuate based on departmental requirements
- Travel in between stores, pick up required ingredients, drop off necessary orders
Must be able to walk and stand for hours at a time, lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law.
Specialty Restaurants Corporation maintains a drug free workplace. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing pre-employment drug testing and background screening. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent with local, state, and federal law.
Job Type: Full-time Salary: Based on Experience, bonus plan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Restaurant Management: 3 years (Required)