The Alida joins modern life with timeless charm on Savannah’s revitalized riverfront. Alida Harper Folkes was a celebrated entrepreneur in Savannah, who also worked tirelessly to preserve its heritage. We celebrate the Alidas of our time: self made artisans who cultivate our city’s contemporary spirit while honoring its storied past. We are seeking an Experience Housekeeping Surperviosr to join our team, opportunities available at www.thealidahotel.com/careers
You’ll feel right at home at The Alida, where every space is imbued with a sense of Southern tradition and contemporary design. Each of our 173 individually-designed rooms and suites is unique, with one-of-a-kind elements courtesy of the renowned Savannah College of Art & Design. And while no two rooms are alike, they all guarantee light-filled mornings, gleaming hardwood floors, and custom amenities.
The Housekeeping Supervisor reports to Director of Housekeeping & Laundry and supervises the operations of the housekeeping staff promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets and minimal expenses.
We seek to hire the best. Leaders of high character and humility with genuine passion and aptitude for hospitality. People who choose to be in hospitality because they have an open and generous nature and seek to make guests happy. We are a group of people who are proud of the work we do. Caring leaders, perfectionist chefs, intelligent creatives, generous hosts, meticulous operators, inspiring teachers, tireless doers, and all-around devotees of hospitality. We create value by empowering the team. We encourage our teams to stretch their thinking, move beyond their comfort zone and achieve their full potential. By providing a platform of support service, like the best in technology, finance resources, talent development, marketing and communication support, we allow them to focus on the heart of their business – hospitality and people. We are passionate about people and attract, develop and retain the best in hospitality. We thoughtfully seek out and groom talent, both within our company and outside, by promoting from within, developing a culture of growth and learning and partnering with the local community.
At Makeready http://makereadyexperience.com/ we create independent hotel, restaurant and retail brands. Each of our brands has a distinct point of view but they all share a common purpose: to inspire deeper connections with the world around them – city by city, person by person. Every Makeready experience embraces local culture, honors past and present, and invites curious guests to delve into the detail of their surroundings. Supervise the operations of the housekeeping staff promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets and minimal expenses.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Supervise the housekeeping team; providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation.
- Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while controlling expenses.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquires to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Comply with The Alida Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in the Team Member Handbook.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have a clean and neat appearance.
- Previous housekeeping experience in a fast-paced hotel environment. Previous supervisor experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs. Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members, i.e., room attendants, house attendants, and inspectors to complete their individual tasks if situation demands.
- Available to work weekends, evenings and/or holidays
Must be able to walk, stand for prolonged periods as needed
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.