Job Title: Warehouse/Driver
Location: Birmingham, AL
Reports To: Branch Manager
Attention Applicants: We are requesting that you submit your application with a resume attached OR complete question #5 with a full account of your work history. If you do not have a resume, please enter NA in the resume text box.
Any questions? Please contact Meghan Allen in HR @ 1-888-240-3636
General Summary: This position's duties include several areas of branch operations: answering telephone calls, servicing customers, using computer to generate invoice, loading item(s) in customer's vehicle. Responsible for the safe operation of all branch material handling equipment while pulling accurate orders, loading branch and customer vehicles and timely deliveries to customer locations.
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- Provide fast and friendly customer service by following "Customer First" standards, in person or over the telephone.
- Display positive attitude by greeting customers as they enter the branch.
- Ensure commitments made to customer are met/exceeds expectation.
- Pull customer orders from warehouse and loads into company delivery trucks branch, customer vehicle or stage items for pick up while using safe material handling procedures.
- Produce and complete accurate paperwork including but not limited to invoices, and C.O.D.'s, special orders, vendor purchase orders, shipping and receiving paperwork.
- Ensure all product leaving the branch is billed. Collect payment via cash, or credit card and by following all money handling procedures.
- Follow procedure to process all customer returns and warranties the same day it is received.
- Unload deliveries to branch by hand or by using material handling equipment (MHE) and place product in assigned stocking areas.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of lift truck or other MHE. Keep forklift in good working order and properly maintained.
- Immediately reports damage, safety issues and accidents to supervisor.
- Perform all warehouse related duties including maintaining the appearance of the warehouse and entire facility. Duties include but are not limited to clearing of debris, pallets and cartons, sweeping, vacuuming, cleaning bathroom, emptying trash and tidying shelves.
- Maintain appearance of yard and parking area by removing trash daily.
- Verify accuracy of incoming orders by counting before product is securely stocked on racking and organized/stocked correctly to prevent damage. Immediately report discrepancies to supervisor.
- Process, prepare and receive all product shipped by UPS.
- Make deliveries to customer locations whenever necessary or assist primary driver on delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position requires individual to successfully complete Federal DOT motor carrier requirements to operate a commercial motor vehicle such as valid drivers' license, clean/safe driving record with the ability to obtain a DOT required Med Card.
- Basic understanding of Heating and Cooling systems, parts and supplies is preferred, but not required.
- Exemplify excellent verbal communication skills with the general public and/or customers.
- Excellent attitude and interpersonal skills necessary to service customers in the branch, on the telephone or at the delivery site.
- Demonstrated proficiency while operating a computer and Prophet 21.
- Ability to read invoices, catalogs, stock numbers and descriptions to accurately identify items.
Fast-paced environment where frequent interruptions may occur. Requires frequent bending, climbing, movement, and lifting during physical loading/unloading of trucks and when stocking products. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The work schedule is typically Monday through Friday and some Saturdays (half day). This is a safety sensitive position.
What is R.E Michel Company?
The R.E. Michel Company was founded in Baltimore, Maryland in 1935 as a supplier to the home heating oil burner industry. Still family-owned and operated, we have grown to be one of our nation's leading wholesale distributors of HVACR and LP equipment, parts, and supplies. We operate in more than 300 locations with employees who service our customers with pride!
Why Work for Us?
We can help you grow! At R.E. Michel Company, you will find many opportunities for advancement and training opportunities to help support your career. Our people are our greatest asset. From our local branch associates and field salespeople to our corporate support staff, they represent the finest professionals in the industry.
Interested in learning more about R.E. Michel Company? Listen to what our employees have to say by visiting: https://youtu.be/P8qN13teMPs
R.E. Michel Company Benefit Package Includes:
Wellness Discounts through Blue365
Access to 24-Hour Nurse Advice Hotline
Employee Assistance Program
Life and AD&D Insurance
Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses/Domestic Partners and Dependents
Short- and Long-term disability
Critical Illness/Accident Insurance/Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Employee Uniform Program
Access to Working Advantage- Discounts on Entertainment, Shopping and MORE!
Access to LifeMart- Discounts on Hotels, Apple Products and MORE!
Career Advancement Opportunities & On-site training courses
Weekly Pay- Every Friday
R.E. Michel Company, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.