Who we are
What do Airbnb, Kind and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better and grow highly engaged employees. They also make up a community of nearly 2,000 organizations from around the globe who stand together to change the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn't just for fast-growing startups - we're for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It's what makes us the world's leading employee feedback platform.
The Opportunity at Culture Amp
You're deeply curious and passionate about people and culture. As our Corporate Paralegal, you will primarily be responsible for all legal-related matters involving new sales and customer renewals in the US and Europe. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone with previous paralegal experience who would like exposure to global commercial contracts, the software sales process, operations, and the product life cycle within a growing high-tech in-house legal department. From assisting various global sales and operation teams, to coordinating cross-functional projects, your involvement in all aspects of the business is not just encouraged – it's essential. Accordingly, you're comfortable working in ambiguous situations. You are able to identify the key issues and use your legal expertise, logic and clear thinking to determine the appropriate and commercially realistic course of action.
You'll be a key member of our legal team and will work closely with our New York and overseas teams to find legal solutions to real world business problems. Any experience you have working with SaaS platform customers, especially in the HR space, will come in handy. New York based applicants are preferred.
As a member of our global legal team you will...
What you bring to our Camp:
- Help design and implement legal processes to drive our growth and capture new learnings.
- Advise and guide multiple levels of our sales and customer success teams through new sales and customer renewals.
- Provide commercial deal support and pitch in when necessary on inbound, outbound and strategic transactions.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, privacy and tech law to enable you to provide high quality advice.
- Work within a tight-knit team to help progress our company's goals and mission.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant paralegal experience.
- Breadth of experience with B2B, enterprise and technology contracts, data privacy, data security and compliance.
- A confident, effective and positive advisor who can help our sales teams through difficult customer sales.
- A high level of integrity and judgment that is supported by great communication skills.
- A mindset that enables you to work independently, but also to use good judgment and escalate issues when needed.
- Ability to develop a nuanced understanding of Culture Amp and our industry, with an eye towards aligning decisions with our bigger picture goals.
- The flexibility to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing environment as we grow our business, learn more about our customers, and figure out what works best and what doesn't.
- Experience working with technology companies (ideally startups).
- Strong planning and organization skills, as well as the ability to multitask and handle a large volume of work.
After 3 months, you will have…
- Gained a thorough understanding of what our customers need and how we help solve those problems.
- Become a key contact for all contracting matters for our US and London teams.
- Develop ways that we can improve our contracting process with customers.
- Developed a deeper understanding of international data privacy matters and information security.
- Built relationships with the other teams at Culture Amp and work cross-functionally to support our company goals.
- Be busy, but still having fun.
If you are truly excited about this role and meet the requirements mentioned above, please submit: 1) your resume, and 2) a cover letter which identifies the reasons why you feel you'd be a great addition to our team.