Are you tenacious, analytical and love variety? Do you enjoy working at a fast pace and pride yourself on your attention to detail? Gideon USA is seeking a Construction Superintendent with COE experience workingin Leavenworth, KS. The Superintendent will coordinate activities to ensure project execution is aheadof schedule, underbudget, with the highest quality, and no lost time while building subcontractor relationships. Gideon USAis a general contractor working on government contracts across the US and throughout the world.
- Establish authority on job site as the point of contact for on site issues.
- Coordinate all subcontractor arrival, preparation and project execution.
- Ensure all necessary daily reports are written and submitted every day.
- Respond to government issues and notifications within one hour.
Management and Organization
- Work with Project Manager on pushing the construction schedule, and notify them of any potential issues.
- Work with QC to ensure that the proper meetings are conducted, documented, and paperwork submitted. Assist QC to monitor quality of workmanship on site.
- Work with Safety Manager to ensure that all EM385-1-1 rules and procedures are being followed.
- Develop on site relationship with the project Construction Manager and QA on the government side. Nurture rapport with customers, but maintain reputation for being tough on schedule, reasonable, and fair.
- Schedule, organize, and quarterback all subcontractor activities on the job site. Develop reputation with subs as being tough, professional, and honest.
- Learn to work with difficult people such as unreasonable inspectors and unresponsive subcontractors.
- Establish and push a fast job site pace during the first phases of a project while following the many restrictions and regulations on a military base.
- Maintain schedule while coordinating various activities and meetings with QC and safety, which all time up time.
- Develop a positive teamwork atmosphere at the job trailer with the team and anyone who enters the site.
- Construction Superintendent: 10years
- Federal/COE Experience: 5 years
- CQM or ability to acquire with 30 days
- Ability to travel as required
Intelligence, Energy, Enthusiasm, Tenacity, Team Player, Initiative, Stress management, Conflict management, Customer focus, Organization/Planning, Communication skills, Assertiveness.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone to apply. To confirm if your home address is within a HUBZone, please visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/.
Gideon USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time