Current Background Investigators are required to conduct face-to-face interviews asking a variety of questions with the subject of the investigation as well as other people who may know them to establish the background, reputation, character suitability and qualifications of the subject. This will be used in determining employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. government information. The investigator also completes record searches at law enforcement agencies, courthouse, educational and financial institutions, and depending on the person’s background, medical and/or mental health facilities. Investigators will be required to compile all information gathered and submit a clear/concise report on a government computer system within a strict timeframe. Your success as an investigator depends not only on your knowledge of methods and procedures, but also on your own behavior, attitude and character. The credibility of any report of investigation depends on your absolute integrity and reporting of the investigations. The complete report of investigation must reflect all pertinent facts, both positive and negative.
CACI has been an incumbent vendor and a proven and respected track record on conducting Background Investigations Fieldwork Services for OPM/NBIB contract since 2004. We have investigators in all 50 states and U.S. territories.
-Active T5 / Top Secret based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is preferred.
-Minimum Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Date of last investigation cannot be older than 18 months and currently serving in a Secret billet.
- A sense of mission in support of national security initiatives
- An impeccable work ethic, integrity, and can-do attitude
- A current driver's license, reliable personal vehicle, and willingness to travel up to a 100-mile radius daily in support of assignments
- A home office equipped with high-speed Internet (LAN line required as wireless is unauthorized)
- A personal computer compatible with Microsoft applications (e.g. Word and Excel)
- Ability to walk, type, sit, or stand for long periods of time
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, such as typing detailed reports 1-20 pages in length
- Ability to pass a mandatory Pre-Employment drug test
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of Progressive Work Experience/Military Service
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune World’s Most Admired Company, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI’s sustained commitment to ethics and integrity defines its corporate culture and drives its success. With approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, CACI provides dynamic career opportunities for military veterans and industry professionals to support the nation’s most critical missions. Join us! www.caci.com.
US-Redwood City-CA-SAN FRANCISCO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time