The IT Business Analyst is engaged in scope definition, requirements analysis & documentation, testing and other relevant tasks that are part of our software development lifecycle while liaising with our on-shore and off-shore development teams. This position will provide significant autonomy and challenge, and will also provide opportunity to work closely with members of our technology and business and IT Security teams.
Successful candidates should possess an interest in a blend of technical IT, IT Security, and business skills with related experience, including software development, the ability and desire to develop a thorough understanding of business operations, pain-points, & strategic plans, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidate should be creative, energetic, results-oriented professional with a passion for excellence and an understanding of how well-managed technology can help an organization meet its mission. This is an opportunity for the right person to learn, grow and make an impact as well as liaise directly with senior IT professionals, and thought leaders.
We are looking for a motivated individual who enjoys technology and likes to share ideas with others while working collaboratively to deliver aggressive project timelines. We have a strong and dedicated team and are looking for the right person to fit our culture who’s willing to work hard and learn from and with our colleagues. We offer a competitive salary with annual bonus and an excellent benefits program. We are dedicated to employee development and offer on-the-job training, education, coaching and mentorship. So, if you’re passionate about leveraging software to solve business challenges, enjoy working in an agile environment, and want an opportunity to grow, we want to hear from you.
- Work closely with business partners and other stakeholders to define business goals for new technology implementations.
- Work with application development staffing, and business stakeholders to drive remediation for application security vulnerabilities using tools like WhiteHat combined with your project management skills.
- Document detailed requirements that clearly define the business needs, benefits, and deliverables for each project.
- Partner with IT development staff to clarify, estimate, and prioritize software requirements.
- Acquire a working knowledge of existing technical processes, and apply this knowledge to assigned tasks and projects.
- Assist project team in testing requirements to ensure quality meets stakeholder requirements prior to handover
- Work closely with Sr. App Dev and project team members to plan project delivery in support of agreed scope of work
- Inspire team’s consensus surrounding strategy/requirements without sacrificing quality of deliverables
- 2+ years of overall experience in IT or as a business liaison for IT is preferred, and experience as a Business Analyst or Application Developer is ideal. College experience surrounding IT Security concepts a plus.
- Ability to proficiently analyze and document customer requirements and processes of varying complexity.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and contribute to a team
- Expected to demonstrate strong proficiency in problem solving and analysis.
- Ability to change priorities quickly and capacity to handle multiple tasks are often required of this position.
- Should have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010+ programs. This includes the ability to manipulate and analyze raw data in applications like Excel or Access, and ability to build presentations in PowerPoint.
- Must be a creative self-starter with the ability to dig deeply into problems, identify root causes, and recommend sustainable solutions.
- Must have ability to simplify complex technical jargon into both written and oral communications for an IT audience.
- Prefer an understanding of IT system monitoring mechanisms, tools, and concepts, particularly in IT Security.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of core security concepts and enthusiasm for defending the firm from adversaries.
- Strong customer service, service delivery, communication and relationship management skills.
- Must be able to travel as needed. (0-35%)
- Strong written, verbal and collaboration skills with the ability to articulate how analysis, requirements, strategy, and delivery work together to produce desired deliverables to technical/non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor degree in a business or IT related area, IT Security related classes a plus, BS in Computer Science a plus.
- Any technical certifications are a plus.
Job Type: Full-time