Renton,Washington,United States EDCLN2
The Boeing Company is seeking Entry Level (level 2) Transportation Analysts in Renton, WA. This role will focus on improving processes through analysis, identification, documentation and implementation. The successful candidate will work closely with carriers, suppliers and many internal cross-functional partners to troubleshoot and develop innovative solutions to meet business needs.
- Assists with interpreting and applying logistics policies, processes and methodologies to support business initiatives.
- Applies knowledge of logistics and transportation methodologies in support of organizational objectives.
- Prepares documentation to support routing and logistics functional requirements.
- Collects and analyzes data and information from multiple sources in support of transportation and logistics business initiatives.
- Assists with a variety of support services including freight bill audit and related activities, contracts management and negotiations team functions.
- Be an active team member that helps identify, create and integrate innovative solutions that lead to development and improvements in our transportation network
- Assists in the development of project plans that define scope, schedule, budget and business impact and risks
- Drives continuous improvement by identifying ways to streamline processes and reduce waste
- Problem solves and design solutions for transportation network
- Configures the inputs driving shipping decisions
- Interfaces with freight forwarders and carriers on standard shipments
- Assists in the investigation, preparation and submission of loss and damage claims to carriers
- Works with others on the design of transportation plans
- Analyzes carrier/freight payment data
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Lean or continuous improvement. Drive continuous improvement by identifying ways to streamline processes and reduce waste.
- 1 (or more) years of experience in Transportation or Logistics
Typical Education and Experience:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, or Logistics preferred
Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time Supply Mgt & Proc Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company