You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re creating a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day.
The Associate Marketing Manager’s role is to drive the performance, equity, and share of our brands by activating distinctive consumer insights. In this role, you will support the brand team’s pursuit of insights that enable the team to know its consumer deeply and build engaging brand experiences while supporting the Manager in setting communications and innovation strategies. You will interact with agency partners in support of strategy, planning and implementation. This role supports a brand’s innovation activities by collaborating with sales, shopper marketing, operations, product development and finance on various generating demand.
- Use consumer and marketplace data and trends to support developing a deeper understanding of the demographics, psychographics, and behavioral drivers of the brand’s consumer or a particular consumer segment.
- Dive into demand landscape for the consumer/brand by utilization of digital insight tools
- Manage brand projects and assignments in a way that demonstrates an understanding of key consumer insights and an ability to activate them in relevant communications and innovation activities.
- Support the brand’s need to identify and understand what the brand stands for in the hearts and minds of consumers including brand identity, essence, vision, mission and core values to drive relevant communications and innovation.
- Leverage data, trends and support from Manager, Shopper Marketing and Market Research to help build a robust and actionable learning plan to address knowledge gaps in consumer, brand, product, business and marketplace learnings.
- Manage consumer communications projects that develop a creative territory that brings the brand to life and enables effective consumer communication with a digital and social first approach
- Assist in identifying optimal engagement strategy and campaign structure to reach consumers when and where they are most receptive.
- Lead initiatives in the communication plan around specific touchpoints or consumer targets including agency and cross-functional team management, strategy, planning, execution and results measurement.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage projects on time and on budget as well and demonstrate decision-making abilities around investment alternatives that mitigate risk and maximize return. Identify opportunities and lead initiatives that activate the brand’s nutrition health and wellness proposition in communications
Innovation & Renovation
- Leverage consumer, shopper and marketplace data to support defining a brand’s short-term and long-term innovation strategy. In collaboration with cross-functional and external experts, commercialization strategies and plans and channel- or customer-specific opportunities.
- Assist with the development and execution of a product strategy for a brand
- Beverages brand, consumer and marketplace data and trends to support Manager in developing an annual plan to closely align the efforts of Marketing and Sales to generate optimal demand for the brand
- Prepare, present and sell-in aspects of the brand plan to management, cross-functional partners and external stakeholders.
- Assists in creating the annual communications plan including recommended touchpoint plan, activation/implementation plan, stewardship and measurement
- Support Manager in implementing a 3-year consumer centric brand plan to drive and/or sustain long-term brand health including equity, awareness and engagement.
Close supervision is received from the Marketing Manager.
Assists in achieving corporate objectives on Market Share, Sales Volume Growth, Brand Health, Marketing ROI and Product Performance.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- BS/BA in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred
- 1-2 years Brand Marketing experience. Strong preference for Consumer Goods (CPG) exposure
- Experience leading marketing communication projects including digital and media strategies
- Strong drive for results including: strong leadership, decision-making and analytical skills, effective communication skills, ability to think strategically, self-motivation, and a passion for the consumer
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and agency partners
- Experience developing strategic brand/product plans, such as communication campaigns and commercialization strategies
- Ability to influence and lead others, including those outside of the Marketing function
- Passion for identifying consumer insights and transforming them into significant product and marketing innovation
- Ability to translate critical thinking into strong business results
- Deep understanding of key P&L drivers
- Quantitative strength in analyzing data and synthesizing learning into insights and action
- Strong sense of urgency, even when managing initiatives with long lead times
- Adaptability and flexibility to meet changing priorities and adjust to different management styles
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.