Hospitality Management Intern
The Peninsula Golf & Country Club is a private resort community artfully sculpted amid 800 acres along the Indian River Bay in Millsboro, Delaware.
Proudly managed by Troon Privé, a subdivision of Troon, The Peninsula offers a full complement of world-class amenities including an 18 hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, a new state of the art Clubhouse built in 2016, fine dining and casual dining, a Golf Shop with a golf simulator room, an Athletic Club, Calmwater Spa, several pools including a wave pool, nature center and trails, a private beach, kids activity areas and more!
Our F&B internship program is an educational opportunity for college students pursuing a career in Hospitality Management or a related field. We are seeking one to two interns who will assist the management team with all front of the house operations at our casual restaurant, the Terrace Grille. The internship program ideally will run from May to August; however, we are flexible. In-depth hands on training will be provided. The intern(s) will gain valuable experience in other food and beverage outlets such as the snack bar, turn bar, beverage carts and fine dining at the Clubhouse Restaurant. The internship also includes exposure to other departments such as Membership, Marketing and Sales, Golf Operations and the Athletic Club.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to (under supervision from Management):
- Ensures guests are attended to in a prompt, efficient and personalized manner. Assists with controlling the flow of the room by ensuring guests are seated in each section by rotation.
- Acts as a liaison between wait staff and the kitchen staff to ensure timely and appropriate communications.
- Ensures that the restaurant and restaurant facilities are kept clean, well-stocked and organized. Checks the maintenance of all equipment in the restaurant and notifies the Restaurant Manager of needed maintenance and repair.
- Circulates on the restaurant floor, continually checking with the guests and the service staff to ensure that everything is to the guests’ satisfaction.
- Ensures all side work is completed, including all cleaning of equipment and storage areas.
- Assists in performing food and beverage inventory.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings to review specials, menu changes, house counts, etc.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs and tests for comprehension.
- Assists with daily activities to include: serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests, room service and general clerical/cashier duties.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Commitment to complete the full internship program; including a formal two week notice prior to departure.
- Reliable and punctual attendance for an average 35-40 hour work week.
- Will attend Alcohol Awareness Training, Food Safety and Sanitation training courses. Including completion of ABC certification (alcohol).
- Must be a college student and currently enrolled in a Hospitality or related major/field.
- Must be 19 years of age or older and legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Ability to meet physical demands - frequently stands, walks, talks and hears. Regularly uses hands, reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls, crouches, taste or smells. Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job.
- PAID INTERNSHIP.
- Full-time hours offered.
- 401K plan offered with a company match.
If you are interested please email
Jenna Philpot, Human Resources Manager at Jphilpot@troon.com.
(p) 302.947.4760 x 205
www.peninsulamembers.com – Careers Tab
www.peninsula-delaware.com (see more of the property)