Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Network Analyst (Reg FT)
Department: Information Technology Svcs
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than July 27, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. Grade and salary will be determined based on the candidate's knowledge and experience.
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5787
Job Open Date: 7/13/2018
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Responsible for the design, installation, configuration, implementation of appropriate network security measures and procedures, and support and maintenance of network infrastructure and integrating technologies. This position participates in capacity planning, support the creation and the maintenance of network disaster recovery plans and monitor all network performance activities. Works on a collaborative team to design, implement and operate secure, complex and large-scale local and wide area networks, internet and intranet services and data communications to ensure availability, reliability, serviceability, performance and responsiveness that meets the needs of a broad constituency.
Requirements: An Associate's degree with 3 years or more in computer science, information science or related field and a minimum of five years' experience. Extensive experience in design and configuration of large, multi-site/campus networks and security technologies. Extensive working knowledge of Cisco IOS and HP Comware command line. Design and implementation of Quality of Service (QoS0 on LAN and metropolitan area optical networks. Experience with
wireless technologies, carrier services, voice-over-IP, routing, switching,
network cabling required. Deep understanding of core networking protocols (e.g., SSLVPN, IPSEC, OSPF and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac), infrastructure monitoring and trendingsystems, data center facilities management. Solid understanding of OSI or TCP /IP model. Cisco CNA or CompTia A+ certification, preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to move, lift, carry, and push multiple heavy objects each weighing up to 50 pounds within scope of job duties.
1. Provides project leadership and technical direction to the implementation of network projects or upgrades.
2. Experience with implementing and supporting large multiple site metropolitan network systems.
3. Extensive technology management experience in coordinating multiple technology vendors.
4. Experience in implementing VOIP (IPv6) preferred.
5. Collaborates with campus leadership, stakeholders and end-users in the planning and implementation of network and wireless services.
6. Installs, maintains, and troubleshoot routers, switches, next-generation firewall (NGFW), Wireless Virtual Controllers, wireless AP's, Application Delivery Controller, network encryption/decryption, site-to-site and user-to-LAN VPN.
7. Installs and supports network hardware, upgrades firmware, operating systems, apply security patches, applications and internet service.
8. Diagnoses and resolves network hardware and software problems associated with the College's network infrastructure.
9. Provides final-tier support for problem determination and resolution for networks and attached devices and services.
10. Participates in investigation, design and implementation of new technologies, automation, procedures and standards for the central management of the College's network, internet services and distribution software.
11. Provides day to day management and monitoring of network devices and servers.
12. Develops solutions for operational problems.
13. Participates in the development, monitoring and response for the information security program and maintains network security to protect the College's information resources; assists in maintaining disaster recovery/ business continuity processes.
14. Provides necessary documentation, training and guidance to network engineers and technical staff. Assists with documentation for end users.
15. Work in teams to collaborate on time sensitive projects.
16. Work outside normal working hours on downtime tasks such as patching, upgrading, and/or implementing new systems.
17. Provide timely, on-call assistance and remote sites visit on emergency issues that arise outside normal working hours.
18. Travel to other campus locations for purposes of system implementation and maintenance.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
20. Preferably hold CCNA, CCNP certification and basic project management experience.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=270
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency