HEALTH CENTER ADMINISTRATOR (HCA) - Neurology of Raleigh
This position provides administrative direction to providers and staff while ensuring adherence with Duke policies and procedures. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: direct clinical operations,manage center budget, verify and reconcile center expenditures, prepare operational and financial status reports,develop solutions and recommendations for center challenges or adverse trends, maintain liaison with all levels of administration, physicians,outside organizations, and other related duties as assigned.
1. Oversee clinical operation and ensure adherence to PDC policies and procedures including,but not limited to:Joint Commission, Environment of Care, Infection Control and Compliance standards.
2. Provide administrative direction to all staff and providers including, but not limited to establishing clinic and staffschedules and task assignments. Manage personnel functions such as:hiring, monitoring staff time and attendance,performance appraisals, coordinating training opportunities, and maintaining personnel files within compliance.
3. Manage clinic resources such as budget, expenditures, space and equipment.
4. Pull and analyze clinic activity and financial reports on a routine basis, including but not limited to: Maestro work queues and dashboard reports, visit volume data, PRMO dashboard and 15 pager reports,provider profit and lossstatements, balance score cards, and Press Ganey data.
5. Develop operating policies and procedures for clinic and staff and monitor compliance.
6. Represent clinic in all business matters and communicate changes to clinic staff and external sources accordingly.
7. Assess center performance and implement processes for continuousimprovement plans including, but not limited to DMAIC and WC projects.
8. Develop practice priorities aligned with CPDC and PDC objectives, in order to facilitate growth of service lines
9. Develop agendas and lead meetings for all levels of the organization; staff, management and provider/faculty.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
List factors that identify the better candidates from a group of people who meet the minimum qualifications.
Knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping practices
Ability to develop budget projections
Knowledge if personnel practices
Knowledge of Duke personnel policies
Knowledge of Duke accounting systems
Ability to process and analyze data
Effective supervision skills/strong ability to hold direct reports accountable•
Effective interpersonal communication
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a business or healthcare-related field.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Work requires 3 years related administrative or clinic management experience to acquire competence in applying general operational practices, personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of clinic administrative functions.
Develop Budget Recommendations
Prepare budget requests & written narratives
Review expenses against budget If yes, enter budget amounts responsible for:Payroll 8306236 – Duke Neurosurgery of Raleigh – $286,4558306234 – Duke Neurosciences Shared – $584,8598306930 – Duke Spine and Pain of Raleigh – $256,8158306235 – Duke Neurology of Raleigh - $312,390 Practice/Clinic CC8306236 – Duke Neurosurgery of Raleigh - $441,3028306234 – Duke Neurosciences Shared – $107,6828306930 – Duke Spine and Pain of Raleigh – $274,9448306235 – Duke Neurology of Raleigh – $447,610 Overall Center Budget 8306236 – Duke Neurosurgery of Raleigh - $738,5148306234 – Duke Neurosciences Shared – 0(Reimbursed by other accounts)8306930 – Duke Spine and Pain of Raleigh – $589,8158306235 – Duke Neurology of Raleigh – $798,698
1. APPs - 5
2. Managers (Administrative and Nursing) - 2
3. PSAs - 6
4. CMAs / Radiology Technicians - 10
5. Nursing Staff (LPN, RN, BSN) - 5
Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
Must be able to accommodate some early morning and late evening meetings as needed.
Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
Must travel between locations on needed basis.
Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
Mus be able to lift 20 lbs.Must be able to push/pull 20 lbs.
Must be able to carry 20 lbs.
Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to abachelor's degree in a business or healthcare-related field.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Level IWork requires 1 year of related administrative or clinic/practicemanagement experience to acquire competence in applying generaloperational practices, personnel practices, accounting and budgetingprinciples and coordination of clinic administrative functions.Level IIWork requires 3 years related administrative or clinic managementexperience to acquire competence in applying general operationalpractices, personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles andcoordination of clinic administrative functions.Level IIIWork requires 5 years related administrative or clinic managementexperience to acquire competence in applying general operationalpractices, personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles andcoordination of clinic administrative functions.