Specialties Direct, located in Oakland, CA is in need of an Estimator
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and evaluate cost estimates.
- Responsible for pricing, quoting, and assisting the Sales Department with its daily operation.
- Analyze take offs for accuracy.
- Prepare and type quotes.
- Customer Service/Support
- Prepare estimates and purchase orders in detail for all products.
- Ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Understand scope of work to bid.
- Submit pricing requests to vendors.
- Proficiency in data analyses, develop information based on the data and engage senior level executives with findings.
- 5+ years’ experience in a dynamic and fast paced office environment.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates.
- Impressive planning and organizational skills.
- Efficient use of resources, systems, and tools to achieve objectives.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Superb time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Impeccable problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time