Alpha Capital Partners is a leading middle-market private equity real estate investment firm. Our Pittsburgh-based firm specializes in investments focused on student housing, multifamily and medical offices in secondary and tertiary. Our proven, differentiated strategy is based on our robust approach to identifying unique opportunities that will generate higher-than-expected margins and risk-adjusted returns for our investors.
We leverage technology, predictive analytics and robust data sets to analyze and uncover shifting market dynamics. Our entrepreneurial spirit allows us to have a nimble approach yet thorough assessment of each investment’s fundamentals. Alpha Capital Partners owns and manages a growing portfolio of over $140 Million in net assets across the United States.
At our core, Alpha Capital Partners is driven by intrinsic values of integrity, innovation and collaboration. We make disciplined, responsible investments and operate under the guiding principles of stewardship, social responsibility and sustainable growth.
The Operations Analyst will be responsible for managing a portfolio of multifamily apartments including formulating and executing short-term and long-term asset management strategies and managing the additions to and sales from the portfolio. The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter who is comfortable identifying, defining and seeking solutions.
- Identify the defects in business models and operations.
- Conduct research, investigate workflows, business procedures, and recommend changes
- Improve a company’s productivity and revenue making procedures.
- Meet with property managers and assess their work processes for efficiency opportunities.
- Conduct internal audits as needed.
- Review weekly and monthly property management leasing and financial reports.
- Participate in discussions with the on-site property management teams regarding operations and capital needs. Coordinate ad-hoc requests.
- Prepare approval documents related to value-add strategies or capital improvement projects and monitor progress.
- Analyze investment decisions for leasing, financing, buy/sell scenarios including preparation of cash flow models, sensitivity tables, property valuations, and joint venture structuring for properties ranging from development to stabilized operating assets.
- Participate in the annual property budget and strategic plan process
- Coordinate property appraisal process and review quarterly appraisals for accuracy.
- Provide on-going and quarterly portfolio level reports.
- Support the due diligence and closing processes.
- Manage parts of the processes required for real estate tax abatements, insurance coverages and claims, internal and external audits.
- Understanding of basic real estate terms and concepts such as net leases, gross leases, contracts, rents, percentage rents, operating expenses, capital expenditures, recovery of expenses, property types.
- Understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, present value/discounted cash flow.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders: property managers, portfolio analysts, property appraisers, and operations/ accounting teams to support the asset management operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Data Management, Finance, Operations, Real Estate or Business or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in the Operations or Real Estate Performance Analysis and Financial Reporting area.
- Strong intellect and strategic thinker with solid quantitative, financial and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Preferred: Strong knowledge of Real Page or other real estate portfolio management/accounting software.
- Preferred: Detailed understanding of the due diligence process; experience in real estate acquisitions is a plus.
- Ability to travel.
Alpha Capital Partners offers a competitive pay and bonus structure, health benefits package, and a 401K plan with company match. Qualified applicants should submit their resumes for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations or Real Estate: 2 years
- Data Analysis: 2 years
Required work authorization: