- Teaching Experience
- AED Certification
- CPR Certification
- Certified Fitness Instructor
- Customer Service
Orangetheory Fitness is a trendsetting franchise fitness organization with 1,000+ locations open in over 19 countries and 300+ new fitness studios under development. We are currently seeking a qualified Head Coach who can manage and ensure a fantastic workout experience to our clients.
As an OTF Fitness Coach, you will be responsible for delivering scientifically predesigned workouts for up to 28 clients per session. This position requires a strong ability to coach and manage time, motivating multiple clients in a group setting. An OTF Coach must focus on a well rounded knowledge of fitness, including endurance, strength, and power, using the tools given to optimize the client’s experience and results.
This is a full time position and requires exclusive employment upon hire. A head coach will coach between 8-15 hours of classes in addition to 25-30 hours of administrative and management duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing and upholding all aspects of the Orangetheory staff using the Orangetheory business model, policies, and franchise policies.
- Running various reports and making calculated decisions based on them
- Taking a minimum of two classes per week to ensure coaches are up to standards in their coaching.
- Payroll for coaching staff.
- Successful execution of all special events that pertain to fitness in the studio including Dri Tri, Benchmark days, etc.
- Hiring, educating, and training new coaches.
- Evaluation and development of existing coaches by providing improvement plans and additional training.
- Provides workshops for both fitness staff and members
- Communication with new, current, and former Orangetheory members.
- Community outreach and studio outreach activities.
- Building studio class attendance, retaining current members, and motivating members to utilize their memberships.
- Achieving monthly revenue budgets for the studio.
- Lead or assist our fitness consultants with Orangetheory studio tours for new prospects as well as staying current with all pricing options.
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends and holidays when needed.
- Must be knowledgeable and stay current on all current and new heart rate products, prices, promotions, etc. for Orangetheory Fitness.
- Stays abreast of market changes, competitor activity, and industry trends. Seeks insight into customer needs and challenges in order to keep his/her finger on the pulse of the dynamics which are driving current and future market trends.
- Possesses business acumen - understanding how business works, how organizations develop strategies, vision, technology, serve customers, etc.
- Possesses great problem solving and decision making skills with actionable goals of resolution.
- Must hold a current fitness certification from an Orangetheory approved education company such as: ACSM, ACE, NASM, NSCA, AFFA, NFPT, NPTI, etc.
- Must invest 10+ hours per year in continuing education programs, lectures, and workshops outside of the Orangetheory curriculum.
- Must have current CPR/AED certification.
- 1-3+ years of professional experience teaching and/or managing in the fitness industry
- Must understand heart rate focused training programs and the science that supports the Orangetheory workouts.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Traits of an amazing Head Coach: Energy, Leadership, Experience, Drive, Compassion!
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time