Has responsibility for developing new Private Banking business through sales efforts. Manages a high level loan and deposit portfolio providing superior client service. Analyzes financial information to evaluate the credit worthiness of loan requests. Compiles loan packages ensuring completeness and accuracy of information provided. Sells and cross-sells additional products and services of the Bank. Assures that all loans are in compliance with State and Federal regulations and Bank policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in a business development plan to increase the Bank’s loan and deposit portfolio
- Manages full-service banking relationships with businesses, professional practices and high net worth individuals and oversees a portfolio of highly complex accounts
- Consults with prospects and clients regarding financial needs; recommend products and services including credit structures, prepares loan packages for credit review and underwriting, opens and services accounts within authorized limits and ensures records/files are maintained within policy/guidelines. Cross-sells Retail, Trust, Mortgage and Treasury Management services such as credit cards, personal trusts, and investment, financial, and estate planning services.
- Analyze financial, tax and credit needs of customers, monitor customers changing needs and recommends strategies that utilize company products/services.
- Resolves customer problems and assists with general inquiries. Provides superior service to customers.
- Ensures that all required documentation is in file for all loans. Clears documentation or compliance exceptions noted by Loan Operations or other review channels
- Develops and utilizes COI network to generate new business
- Demonstrates a commitment to fair lending practices. Remains knowledgeable of all laws and regulations governing the lending activities of financial institutions. Ensures compliance with all applicable Bank policies and procedures, as well and all State and Federal regulations.
- Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with COI’s to enhance the Bank’s image and reputation in the marketplace
- Represents the Bank, actively endorsing its products and services, making appropriate referrals as necessary and providing leadership in key community activities.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Finance, Management, Business Administration) or equivalent experience
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years Business Banking or Private Banking experience; 3 or more years of lending or sales experience is preferred. FINRA Series 7, 63 or 66 licenses not required unless participating in securities and brokerage activities.
- Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary. Demonstrated understanding of financial accounting and analysis. Excellent organization, interpersonal, sales, execution and delivery skills. Must be able to multi-task with frequent interruptions, be comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment, and manage multiple projects to conclusion on time. Proven success in problem analysis and resolution. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. High level of expertise with MS Office suite. Ability to develop rapport easily with clients, peers and partners. Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making, initiative and tact in dealing with bank staff and customers. Ability to work independently and in a team setting. Knowledge of state, federal, and regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledge: Basic knowledge of bank operating systems. Extensive knowledge of Bank products, services, procedures and practices. Previous experience with analysis of Retail, Private Banking and/or Commercial relationships, strategic sales planning and client issue resolution is required. Must have in-depth knowledge of federal and State lending regulations and Bank policies related to lending procedures. Familiarity with the local business community is strongly preferred.