The packager is responsible for executing daily and weekly wholesale account orders from Too Sweet Cakes' kitchen. They will utilize baking skills and previous pastry experience to prepare recipe components, assemble product and perform all necessary procedures related to production in the kitchen. Shift time will run 10 am - 6 pm
- Communicate proactively with Back of House Manager throughout all shifts. Ability to ask for help and work as part of a larger team.
- Follow and comply with all established procedures, recipes and guides, including but not limited to assembly, equipment SOPs, weights and measures, health and sanitation, and general safe work practices.
- Follow a packaging slip and pack accordingly to company standards
- Maintain a sanitary and organized work environment.
- Monitor proper storage and shelf life guidelines for all products.
- Compliance and adherence to all appropriate health and safety regulations and cleanliness requirements, including food safety and department organization.
- Knowledge and skill with a variety of kitchen tools and equipment, including but not limited to mixers, dough sheeter, ovens etc.
- Able to monitor baking processes and identify issues and/or adjustments to adhere with Too Sweet Cakes' quality standards.
- Work with a sense of urgency and purpose to achieve daily, weekly and long-term goals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Back of House Manager in accordance with the needs of the business.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- No experience required
- Understanding of proper pastry methods, techniques, and standards
- OHA Food Handlers Certificate required
- Be passionate about the food industry with a strong interest in high quality products
- Efficient time management skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. frequently and 50/75 lbs. occasionally
- Excellent attention to details
- Open availability and schedule flexibility is a MUST
- Likes too work early morning
We can't wait to meet you and get you baking!
For more information on the bakery please check us out online and/or Instagram.
WEB - www.toosweetcakes.com
INSTAGRAM - @toosweet_cakes
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.25 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: In person