Odessa, Texas - Relocation Assistance Available
Salary and Bonus Opportunity Commensurate with Skills & Experience
Oil & Gas Manufacturer of processing equipment is seeking a Plant Manager. The position will oversee site operations, management of safety, people, quality, delivery and resulting financial metrics/performance. The Plant Manager will serve as a leader creating and defining long-term strategy for organizational supply chain, quality, EHS and manufacturing teams for effective resource utilization while producing best-in-class quality products.
- Support CEO’s strategic direction by meeting goals and objectives through tactical actions.
- Oversee employee development, training and retention.
- Communicate key issues (financial, operational, organizational changes, quality issues, etc.) upward to company leadership.
- Ensure customers’ of on-time delivery and their quality needs are met and exceeded to broaden the business base and gain market share.
- Establish/maintain close supplier relationships.
- Focus on velocity, speed, efficiency, cost, and quality to maximize gross margins and minimize shareholder capital employed.
- Recruit and Maintain and develop staff in accordance with ASME and other quality certifications as required.
- Participate and assist with internal and external audits as necessary.
- Partner with EH&S to ensure regulatory compliance. Advocate/ensure a safe work environment and environmental compliance.
- Ensure succession plans are in place. Be proactive in coaching and mentoring key talent to assume increased responsibilities.
- Maintain a personal awareness of and involvement in contract milestones that directly relate to Cash Flow and fulfillment of customer expectations.
- Champion compliance with state, federal, and local laws and regulations, particularly EEOC.
- Work with the Facilities Group to develop and execute capital equipment plans.
- 10+ years Plant Management experience with welding and steel/metal fabrication. Pressure vessel experience a plus.
- LEAN Implementations/Continuous Improvement and knowledge of applied Six Sigma.
- Capital forecasting, budgeting, income statement, shop floor data collection and cost control.
- Workforce management, supervisor and employee development and mentoring.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering or deep relevant experience
- Knowledgeable ASME & API codes and standards.
- Knowledgeable of ERP/MRP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven leadership capabilities; excellent people management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Spanish language skill a plus.
- Customer focused.
- Safety as a core value.
- Success driven.
Job Type: Full-time
- Plant Management: 10 years (Preferred)