Are you ready to save a life?
Do you want to be the person that makes the miracle of organ donation a reality? Do you want to turn tragedy into hope and healing? This is what we do every single day and we think you have what it takes.
Join a team that combines the fulfillment of an amazing mission with incredible benefits. This is not just another job or listing on your resume. Simply put, this job will change you, just like organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation changes the lives of donor families and recipients.
Every day, the Lifebanc team gets the opportunity to change lives forever. Become a part of our family as we work toward a world where everyone in need of an organ or tissue transplant receives the healing they deserve. Come be a life saver.
What is Lifebanc?
Lifebanc, is the federally designated organ, eye and tissue recovery organization that serves 20 counties in Northeast Ohio. Put simply, we facilitate and coordinate organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation in our community and educate the public on the importance of our mission. Our vision is pursuing a future where organ, eye and tissue donation is embraced as an honor and a personal responsibility. Our mission is saving and healing lives.
We have a challenging and exciting opportunity available to utilize your critical knowledge in a unique and specialized setting as a Procurement Transplant Coordinator. Qualified candidates will be responsible for the facilitation of the organ donation process by providing clinical support through donor evaluation, donor medical management, organ placement and recovery in compliance with CMS and AOPO standards.
- Conducts on site evaluation of all organ referrals and determines donor suitability to maximize donation opportunities.
- Capable of understanding hemodynamic monitoring and ventilator management
- Under the direction of the Medical Director, facilitates the medical management of the donor, in order to maintain adequate organ perfusion.
- Hands on donor care in our onsite donor care facility.
- Coordinates the recovery of organs for transplant.
- Schedules, coordinates and facilitates the OR timing and recovery at the donor hospital or at Lifebanc’s onsite recovery suite donor care facility.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with the hospital and transplant teams.
- Establishes, nurtures and promotes ongoing relationships with nurses, chaplains and referring physicians to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Partners with Lifebanc staff to provide education and support to hospital staff within our donor service area.
- Shares a 24-hour “on-call” responsibility on a rotating basis to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- A Registered Nurse (RN) with a degree or diploma from an accredited nursing school with at least two years’ experience in a critical care setting or
- A Respiratory Therapist with at least 2 years’ experience in a critical care setting or
- Prior work experience as a Procurement Transplant Coordinator or equivalent position or
- Certified Procurement Transplant Coordinator (CPTC) with at least one year experience as an organ or tissue procurement coordinator.
- BLS and ACLS required
Other qualifications include current licensure, strong communication, organization and leadership skills. Previous on-call experience is desirable. Must travel throughout NE Ohio, be available during day/night hours including weekends, have flexibility and work an on-call rotation schedule. Orientation is individualized based on your experience and scheduling needs. Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and a safe driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $36.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- On Call
- critical care: 2 years (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Overnight (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page: