OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
About the role:
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
We're looking for a results-driven, Sr. HR Business Partner who can both dive into the details with key client groups and take a step back to plan and then deliver on programs. This role will help business leaders use data to plan ahead, and make recommendations that improve performance, retention and the employee experience. Whether helping to design and roll out performance management, or enhancing our compensation structure across the business, you bring a strong business and client focus, along with analytical rigor. You will leverage your program development skills and organizational savviness to bring these initiatives to fruition in meaningful ways, at scale.
Here's more of what you will get to do:
You'll thrive in this role if you have:
- Provide world-class HR Business partnership to multiple internal clients
- Apply your business acumen and expert influencing skills to drive solutions that move the business forward
- Define, design, build, and deliver programs that the business needs and that can scale.
- Manage vendor relationships on programs in your purview
- Partner with the business leaders on potential performance, employee and manager development, and talent management initiatives and analysis
- Handle employee relations within client groups, addressing where appropriate and escalating when necessary
- Use your data-driven approach to build compelling value propositions and business cases which bring results
- Represent the cultural cornerstones of the company such as being driven, neighborly, and adaptable
- Work closely with leadership to ensure the best possible employee experience
- 8+ years of professional human resources experience in fast-growing tech companies; of that, 5+ years HR Business Partner experience with senior level clients
- Strong business, analytics and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and initiative
- Demonstrated success in creating competitive compensation, benefits, and total rewards plans
- Deep curiosity into data and how to use it to tell stories, build business cases and influence outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence and develop strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to partner with key stakeholders in the execution of people initiatives focused on business priorities
- Solutions focused, flexible, able to cope well with and lead teams through change
- Employee relations, change management and team development experience
- Strong business and employee experience focus
- Commitment to academic excellence and continuous learning as illustrated by the completion of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Human Resources OR a combination of experience and certifications such as a PHR,SPHR, or SHRM-CP/SCP
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we've built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it's like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture ( https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture )
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.