Uncommon Goods offers a constantly evolving assortment of original, creative products. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers a wide variety of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, guiding principles, Better to Give program, and team members you might be working with. Learn about the story of Uncommon Goods from our Founder and CEO here and here.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE
At Uncommon Goods, we believe we're all out of the ordinary. That's why we're committed to making diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging part of everything we do. In pursuit of that goal, we've made significant changes to our business, from how we find our products to how we build and cultivate our team. Our hope is to be everyone's favorite place to work!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you would like to request any accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected].
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Seasonal Warehouse Inventory Associate, you will support Uncommon Goods by exceeding productivity goals, and ensuring accuracy and quality of our operation. You will perform a variety of duties in the fulfillment center ranging from putaway, replenishing, and cycle counting inventory. This position reports to the Operations Inventory Supervisor and is based in our Brooklyn, NY office.
You thrive in fast-paced environment. You are focused on the customer experience, quality, safety, and productivity to work in a fulfilment center. You are meticulous and deliver high standards in your work. You make the people around you better. You are trustworthy and a team player that is always willing to lend a hand, and help others be successful in their role.
- Prioritizes new inventory arriving; ensures inventory is directed to accurate location.
- Efficiently and accurately puts away, replenishes, and cycle counts all inventory.
- Utilize inventory management systems to scan, process and research merchandise in accordance with our inventory control processes.
- Follow all processes while exercising a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to perform at a high level when working with others and when working alone.
- Achieve set standards for productivity and accuracy.
- Be willing to move to multiple working stations based on the operations need.
- Handle product in a safe and secure manner.
- Ensure that work area is always left clean.
- Adhere to Company Safety standards.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Lift up to 40 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Logical mathematical reasoning.
- Previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Competitive hourly wage at $20/hour
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events.
- 40% off all of our products
- Learn more about your FMLA rights here
This is a fully onsite role. You will work at our Brooklyn headquarters in Sunset Park.
To apply, please submit:
- Answers to the following questions:
- What excites you about the Seasonal Inventory Associate role at Uncommon Goods?
- Is there anything you would like to add that is not communicated in your resume?
SMS terms: Uncommmon Goods, LLC, also known as UncommonGoods, offers you the option to engage in SMS text conversations about your job application. By participating, you also understand that message frequency may vary depending on the status of your job application and that message and data rates may apply. Please consult your carrier for further information on applicable rates and fees. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Reply STOP to cancel and HELP for help.
By opting in to receive SMS text messages about your job application, you acknowledge and agree that your consent data, mobile number, and personal information will be collected and stored solely for the purpose of providing you with updates and information related to your job application. No mobile information will be shared with third parties/affiliates for marketing/promotional purposes. All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.