Dubak Electrical Group is growing and we are seeking a Project & Prefab Designer with ACAD & Revit experience to join our team in Suburban Chicago, IL.
We are looking for an individual who wants to push the limits, step up to challenges and win. If you want to join a team that will push you to the next level, the Project & Prefab Designer position is for you.
Do you have what it takes? The primary role of the Project & Prefab Designer is to lead project implementation of VDC technology and related processes. The Designer works closely with the VDC Team to maximize efficiency and assist in delivery projects in BIM. This role is responsible for providing top notch production support, technical support, documentation, training and development to all VDC collaboration efforts with our clients and internal team.
Ideal candidate is:
- Skilled with Bluebeam Studio or other pdf document markup software.
- Proficient in the use, troubleshoot, and training of Revit, Navisworks and other Autodesk Suite software.
- Have a strong understanding of building design and construction practices.
- Has great communication and collaboration skills.
- This position is also the main contact between the field, business units and corporate office.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strength and great proficiency in Electrical Design as primary, and Mechanical / Piping secondary discipline and or strong knowledge base.
- Coordinate all ACAD and BIM Modeling in Revit and maintain knowledge of trends in the BIM field
- Identify constructability issues, missing information and notify project team of these issues
- Proficient in multiple 2D and 3D programs to coordinate and collaborate throughout the constructions process. (ACAD, Revit, Navisworks, EVOLVE, Visio, etc…)
- Ability to translate 2D drawings and specs into a complete 3D/4D models
- Create fabrication drawings that are professional and accurate using architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical contract prints consistent with company standards.
- Maintain project BIM execution plan
- Estimate and establish resources, budget and schedule for assigned project
- Develop documents and implement practices and standards to optimize efficiency of projects
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned by site management
Education and/or Experience:
- Electrical Trade School Certificate, and or
- ACAD, REVIT Design Certificate, and or
- Associates Degree (A.A., A.S.) from a two-year community college or technical college with an emphasis in Design and Construction
- OR 4 years of related electrical training and drafting knowledge
- OR equivalent combination of education and related experience/training
- Experience with BLUEBEAM.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with REVIT drafting software
- Experience with ACAD
- Able to communicate clearly with clients and other team members through both verbal and written communication
- Must possess the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Must have a basic understanding of internal controls.
Able to prioritize work while being adaptive, efficient and responsive in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- How many years of experience do you have working with BIM, BlUEBEAM, ACAD & Revit?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Company's Facebook page: