$6,723.56 per month
The Clinical Social Work Supervisor I (CSWS) will provide clinical supervision and be responsible for the full administrative and technical needs of the Women’s Health Programs and Innovation’s (WHPI) social work staff in providing therapeutic services for ambulatory pregnant and parenting women in support of federal grant to reduce ethnic disparities and adverse birth outcome. In addition, this the CSWS will provide support to nurses and Community Health Worker staff. Aside from providing guidance for staff thorough knowledge of established professional social work standards and principles, pertinent policies and procedures and State and Federal social welfare laws and regulations, the CSWS will also be responsible for delivery of a variety of clinical learning and development solutions to enhance staff performance and outcomes through reflective practice education and ongoing support.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks and responsibilities. Employees may perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide reflective practice training and ongoing support to social work, nursing and care coordination staff
- Provide administrative supervisory functions, conducts orientation, in-service training and continuing staff development of professional social work staff and provides reflective supervision for staff
- Be available for consultation with nurses, social workers and care coordinators on complex clinical cases
- Develops and implements social work programs and professional standards, and development of behavioral health policies and procedures for WHPI’s social workers and support staff under their direction and will have a direct role in program creation and enrollment
- Coordinates clinical social work services with other clinic disciplines and community partners and acts as a liaison with community groups, agencies and organizations regarding availability of services and programs, community resources and social work objectives
- Initiation of procedures designed to provide more efficient social work service to pregnant and parenting patients
- Assists WHPI social work staff with referrals, individual, family and group counseling and therapy to address issues.
- Follows all HIPAA compliance protocols and supports these requirements in all areas of contact
- Experience working with perinatal women
- Experience with home visitation
- Two (2) years’ experience in the field of adult learning, training and development, education, vocational/occupational counseling or related field
- Ability to make thoughtful decisions and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to be self-directed, assertive, resourceful and creative in problem solving
- Ability to be a thoughtful listener and adept at capturing feedback
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Ability to use diplomacy in all aspects of the role
- Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration, fosters teamwork
- Excellent boundaries and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, good at multitasking
- Works in a collaborative manner across the organization to achieve departmental and overall organizational goals.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related clinical/human services discipline from a graduate school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education followed by three years’ professional social work experience, one year of which must have been in a medical or community health setting
- A valid and active license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker issued by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essentia functions.
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Successful clear the Live Scan process through Los Angeles County.
Medical Clearance required
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
Licenses & Certifications