The NRESS project supports research in science and technology and is an important part of NASA's overall mission. NASA solicits this research through the release of various research announcements, receipt of proposals, review of proposals, and award selection. The Support Scientist will work directly with staff senior scientists in end-to-end support of NASA solicitation and peer review cycles. The primary NASA customer will be the Space Technology Mission Directorate (http://www.nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/programs). Applicants should familiarize themselves with the STMD programs prior to applying.
- Works in conjunction with NASA Program Staff and contract Senior Scientists to assist in proposal review.
- Prepares solicitation documentation and proposal data in required formats.
- Helps organize panels and ad-hoc reviews; ensures that venue and IT needs are met.
- Interface with panelists and reviewers for review, travel and remote communications.
- Takes notes of general panel proceedings as requested.
- Responsible for leading and preforming support activities related to the development and administration of solicitations and peer review activities.
- Ensures conformance to specified quality standards.
- Responsible for the planning, organization, performance, and results of the technical aspects of solicitation and peer review support during the life cycle of a task.
- Administers conflict of interest (COI) processes and procedures, and assures that contract task activities and support comply with COI policies and practices.
- Advises NASA about panel operations, progress, technical results, and assures that panel proceedings comply with established NASA science or technical protocols and policies.
- Monitors and reports to the Project Manager about the progress of activities relative to solicitation deadlines and is responsible for identifying and reporting to the Project Manager about significant slippages, delays, or impediments.
- Supports the Project Manager in developing and producing proposal information, related summary statistics and analytics.
- Master’s degree or higher in engineering, mathematics, computer science, and related applied sciences disciplines.
- High degree of communication, organization and multitasking skills.
- Intermediate or better Microsoft Office and Windows OS skills.
- Work or education experience with satellites, robotics, aerospace engineering, and other NASA STMD discipline areas
- Computer skills beyond MS Office and Windows (queries, coding, data analyses)
- Team player/good relationship with coworkers.
- Collaborates with others to capitalize on collective capabilities
- Committed to continual learning
- Self-motivated, diligent, and dependable
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability