Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences seeks adjunct faculty to prepare and deliver English curricula to adult students studying advanced personal training, nursing, medical assisting and surgical technology.
Some of the essential duties are as follows:
1) Teaches assigned courses as scheduled in accordance with current department-approved course descriptions, course outlines, syllabi, and procedures.
2) Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance of instructional materials.
3) Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives. Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner and assists in the identification of students with academic or other needs, and responds by utilizing an appropriate resource.
4) Determines and submits students' grades in accordance with established college policies and procedures.
5) Provides feedback, as appropriate, regarding the general operations of the department, the division, and the college.
6) Attends faculty meetings as called by the President, Senior VP of Academic Affairs, Dean or Department Chairperson; and participates, as appropriate, on departmental and divisional committees.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in English.
* Previous teaching experience related to English; solid knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles and instructional methods.
* Experience and willingness in managing classroom experiences, evaluating student achievement, curriculum development, evaluation of program effectiveness, formulation of policies and procedures.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to interact effectively and professionally with other faculty, students and staff,
* Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills,
* Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, procedures, regulations and approved curriculum.
* Must be organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task,
* Ability to adhere policies, procedures and course curricula.
******NO Recruiters, NO Applicant Calls*******NO Recruiters, NO Applicant Calls*******
Job Type: Part-time