As a Casino Host, you will accommodate a unique clientele, providing unconventional complementary and a dynamic atmosphere where they will see and be seen. From the casino cabanas, to the poolside lounge, your thoughtful, engaging personality will empower guests to create their own adventures in our enchanting urban playground.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and sustains relationships casino guests.
- Introduces new casino guests to the casino property.
- Acts as a resource for guests, management, and employees, to ensure a maximum level of satisfaction and service throughout the department and the casino.
- Dispenses high-end amenities to qualified guests.
- Dispenses complimentary amenities to guests who have attained the necessary levels of play.
- Represents the casino at on and off property events.
- Works to reactivate inactive casino guests through direct contact (mail, telephone, personal visits, etc.).
- Partners with other members of the Casino Marketing team and with other departments to identify VIP guests.
- Assists VIP guests with casino credit and special reservations.
- Resolves guest complaints and/or conflicts.
- Facilitates the effective management of information throughout the department and casino.
- Maintains a working knowledge of casino facility, as well as current and upcoming special events on property, in order to advise guests and fellow employees, whenever possible.
- Responsible for complying with Title 31 and AML/SARC compliance policies and procedures.
- At least three years' work experience in a guest-service or guest-relations position.
- At least one year as a Casino Marketing executive, developing casino players, and building strong relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, business management, marketing or a similar field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings
- Possess, or be able to obtain, a Gaming LVMPD work card.
- Possess, or be able to obtain, a TAM/Alcohol Education Card.
- Skill in developing, leading and maintaining guest relations.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management and employees.
- Pleasant personality, team oriented and enjoys working with and assisting people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees at all levels, guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write effective letters and memos.
- Ability to effectively perform job responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Ability to master the property's player tracking and reservation systems.
- T31/SARC knowledge.
- At least 21 years of age.
PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to speak a second language.
- Experience using Patron, the casino tracking system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and throughout the property in all locations. Must be tolerant to varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment typically allows smoking.
Constant contact with executives, department management, applicants, employees and guests is necessary. Requires prolonged sitting or standing and mobility. Requires bending and reaching. Requires transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires eye/hand coordination. Requires use of standard office equipment. Requires basic math. Ability to push and/or pull file cabinet drawers weighing up to 5 lbs. Requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols. Ability to comply with Policies and Procedures, Job Description, daily memorandums, chemical labels (MSDS) and other instructions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled