The Department of Radiology is seeking a professional individual to fill the Operations Manager position. The Operations Manager serves as a member of the Department leadership team and is strategically involved with the establishment and implementation of operating policies, procedures, and standards. Under indirect supervision, this individual will oversee the daily administrative, fiscal, clerical, research, clinical scheduling and education operations of the Department of Radiology; ensures department meets all deadlines and is responsive to all core office requests; oversees department facility management and coordinates, on behalf of faculty, clinical space management with UH, VA and SRMC staff as appropriate.
The successful candidate will supervise, and oversee supervision of, department staff to include work allocation, time keeping, leave reporting, training, problem resolution, effective communication, performance management and making recommendations for personnel actions. Additional duties include:
- Performs department functions for recruiting, interviewing and hiring all faculty and staff
- Oversees faculty on-boarding, clinical scheduling, appointments, promotions and credentialing/privileging
- Conducts operational analyses and prepares reports. Audits current procedures to ensure compliance and implements changes to improve efficiency of department operations
- Implements electronic systems for gathering and tracking a variety of personnel, operational, clinical and financial data. Review new technologies and make recommendations for adoption as appropriate
- Manage department clinical practice activities including radiology professional charge capture and coding; revenue cycle; clinical contracts and professional service agreements
- Prepare MOUs and Salary Agreements. Ensure all types of billing and collections are timely and complete
- Assists Department Leadership in budgeting, fiscal management, financial projections and reporting
- Gather and analyze financial and operating data to advise and assist leadership with strategic planning
- Serves as backup to the Department Administrator.
The individual in this position must be self-motivated with strong organizational skills, decision-making ability, writing and communication proficiency and project management skills.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience managing at least one of the following functional areas: fiscal services, administration and/or human resources AND 3 years of additional experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in related field
- Project management training or experience
- Experience with UNM SOM Faculty recruitment and hiring
- Experience with UNM staff recruitment, hiring, training and performance management
- Experience with UNM SOM, UNMH and UNM MG personnel management practices
- Knowledge of UNM policies and procedures including those related to research and purchasing
- Experience with development and implementation of department operational policies
- Experience with clinical practice management including billing and coding
- Experience researching, recommending and implementing electronic business solutions
- Experience in budgeting, fiscal management, financial projections and reporting