The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2018 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
The primary purpose of the Research Scientist is to apply technical expertise and experience to plan, coordinate, design, supervise and carry out research projects. The scope of the position is to carry out laboratory research projects by applying technical expertise and experience to plan, coordinate, design, supervise and carry out research projects in accordance with general and/or specific plans of the research.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Determine specific goals or objectives to be attained, evaluate research data and revise techniques or approaches to work problems.
- Supervises the design, development or adapting of equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
- Performing validation, optimization, and troubleshooting.
- Research, update and upgrade novel techniques for complex research projects involving irradiation of tumors.
Laboratory Coordination and Maintenance
- Plan and supervise the training of technicians and other laboratory personnel with respect to proper laboratory techniques, the use of laboratory equipment and safety procedures.
- Operate lab equipment for analysis, and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Maintains Lab Functions to include ordering of supplies and ensures lab equipment is maintained in good operating order.
- Assist investigators with preparation of grants and papers, including drafting documents, scientific analysis, and editing.
PhD in one of the natural sciences or related field or Medical degree
With PhD, no experience required. With Medical degree, two years of experience in experimental or scientific work.
Previous experience in Radiological Physics research.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
US Dollar (USD) 53,200
US Dollar (USD) 66,500
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 79,800