Position Title: Marketing Director
I. POSITION SUMMARY
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Marketing Director to lead marketing strategy and execution at Thermaco. With an excellent future product pipeline in development and a growing market, this is an opportunity for an individual looking to make an immediate difference. A successful Marketing Director will increase brand awareness and perception with Thermaco’s target audiences to generate more opportunities and achieve long term revenue growth. The
Marketing Director is tasked with improving the full scope of Thermaco’s marketing capabilities including growth, messaging, digital, channel, media, among other marketing subdomains. He or she works on an internal team of engineers, product managers, sales & customer service managers, and outside marketing agencies on product launches, marketing campaigns, and other high value projects.
The ideal candidate:
● Has proven experience working in a B2B technical product marketing position
● Enjoys the challenge of promoting niche environmental products
● Enjoys leading people and managing projects
● Likes distilling complex concepts into simple, easy to understand messages for specific audiences
● Appreciates the need for frequent task-switching as conditions require
● Enjoys working with people from diverse backgrounds
II. ABOUT THERMACO
Thermaco® creates technology for safely and cleanly removing pollutants generated from our modern lifestyles and preserving the world’s wastewater infrastructure for the future. Fats, oils, and grease (FOG) are harmful commercial and institutional kitchen byproducts causing sewer blockages if untreated, a major environmental hazard for today’s cities. More than 40,000 of
Thermaco’s units are installed around the world in leading sports stadiums, downtown restaurants, school kitchens, and environmentally sensitive rural food service sites. Thermaco’s main brand products, Big Dipper® Automatic Separators and Trapzilla® Supercapacity
Interceptors, enable restaurants and other food service establishments to treat their kitchen waste in a responsible and efficient manner and meet higher community standards.
Why You Should Join Thermaco:
● Thermaco is a small, family-owned corporation founded in 1983. Its primary focus for 40 years has been designing and bringing to market better solutions for its customers. Its team enjoys addressing the challenges food waste presents to foodservice operators and the communities in which they operate.
● Thermaco is highly selective in its hiring process. It believes in creating the strongest team to achieve big objectives.
● Thermaco believes in maintaining a healthy work and life culture. There are high expectations for performance with the financial rewards to match these expectations. At the same time, a normal eight hour work day and five work days per week are expected to provide enough time to accomplish big objectives.
● Thermaco’s small organization size provides both a collaborative, bureaucracy-free environment and opportunity for personal growth.
Join our team, make a difference, enjoy what you do, get paid well, achieve a balanced life style, grow personally, and help build an environmentally sustainable future.
III. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Managing the development of technical and non-technical marketing assets via outside agencies and contractors to address the information needs of commercial food service operators, municipal waste water regulators, specifying engineers, and value added resellers.
2. Managing the distribution of marketing assets to the right audiences at the right time and via the right marketing channels to best effectuate sales and thought leadership.
3. Developing advanced digital tools for making better product recommendations to prospective customers and product specifiers and support recommendations to existing customers.
4. Conducting customer and regulatory market research to determine product market fit and identify opportunities for product, sales, and marketing improvements.
5. Proactively building partnerships and creating business relationships with companies and individuals with the highest potential for scaling revenues, profits, customer satisfaction, and other positive business results. Good business relationships include marketing vendors, government regulators, engineers/architects, service providers/contractors, distributors/dealers, and other contributors to the market ecosystem. Creating and nurturing good business relationships requires relating and listening for information and opportunities to extend initiatives with the company and articulate the benefits of products and services.
6. Ensuring reporting and communications are frequent and bi-directional.
7. Attending and presenting at trade shows, conferences, and via webinar as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IV. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
This position requires managing outside creative talent and leading ad hoc teams.
V. PHYSICAL DEMANDS & TRAVEL
Works in an office and manufacturing plant environment. As-needed travel domestically and abroad. Sight, hearing, speech and written communication capabilities sufficient to interact well with individuals and groups. Responsible for working in a safe manner. This position requires up to 20% travel.
VI. REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. A bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline or equivalent experience in related field required.
2. 6-8 years of overall business experience. Experience in a B2B industrial product marketing role desired.
IX. OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Asheboro, NC 27203: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- B2B marketing: 6 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Asheboro, NC 27203